Korra, a daily driven and trail ready Sahara

Yesterday I recieved a package from Barnes4wd and in it was my new rear bumper. My only reason for changing from my Crawltek bumper was that it didnt have a hitch receiver which the Barnes does. This will make it much nicer getting my mountain bike to the trails as hanging a 30lb bike and a 90lb wheel tire combo off the tire carrier is unnerving to me.
EB455083-88BE-4106-A4DE-6C0E00149B55.jpeg

I started off the morning with a quick test fit, it did require a bit of modification as the tab that goes under the frame on the passenger side was bent just a little too much although the rest went very smooth. I prepped and sprayed it with self etching primer then proceded to spray it Rustoleum gloss black.
F74CCDF5-8363-485A-93FB-EA3B12DC9EFA.jpeg

Now i just gotta wait for it to dry and sometime after work tomorrow perform its final install!

Yesterday I recieved a package from Barnes4wd and in it was my new rear bumper. My only reason for changing from my Crawltek bumper was that it didnt have a hitch receiver which the Barnes does. This will make it much nicer getting my mountain bike to the trails as hanging a 30lb bike and a 90lb wheel tire combo off the tire carrier is unnerving to me. View attachment 163638
I started off the morning with a quick test fit, it did require a bit of modification as the tab that goes under the frame on the passenger side was bent just a little too much although the rest went very smooth. I prepped and sprayed it with self etching primer then proceded to spray it Rustoleum gloss black.View attachment 163639
Now i just gotta wait for it to dry and sometime after work tomorrow perform its final install!
Do you have a body lift?

Do you have a body lift?
Shes still stock body height. I would like to do one but i cannot stand the buttcrack it adds to the rear of the Jeep lol. One of these days id like to do one that involves the new mounts and bringing the rear bumper up 1.25 inches to match. Just too much money/work for me at the moment.

Shes still stock body height. I would like to do one but i cannot stand the buttcrack it adds to the rear of the Jeep lol. One of these days id like to do one that involves the new mounts and bringing the rear bumper up 1.25 inches to match. Just too much money/work for me at the moment.
Yep the rear frame raise is an awesome mod. I just wondered if that bumper covered it up like mine does - looks great!

C968AB93-73FC-4626-8D29-F10B8B5D5666.jpeg

So i managed to paint it brown. Best paint job ive ever done and its the wrong color lmfao. Ill respray it gloss black when i have the chance and install it then. Or should i leave the brown?

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
This morning before work i was able to get the gloss black sprayed on. Got good coverage (cant see any brown) although theres 2 runs.
C79F2961-F636-45E7-8775-0BB1ADC3DF1B.jpeg
17BAD49B-D33C-4ECE-B2A2-17BD77D009A0.jpeg

Any tips on how to fix the runs? Id rather not have to respray it again if possible, anything helps!

This morning before work i was able to get the gloss black sprayed on. Got good coverage (cant see any brown) although theres 2 runs.View attachment 164273View attachment 164274
Any tips on how to fix the runs? Id rather not have to respray it again if possible, anything helps!
Once the runs dry you can grab some very light sanding sponge or cloth and just hit the run a tiny bit. Then do a super light touch up coat on that specific spot. Runs are super hard to see once it gets a tiny bit of dirt on it.

Reactions: Justin Homan
Once the runs dry you can grab some very light sanding sponge or cloth and just hit the run a tiny bit. Then do a super light touch up coat on that specific spot. Runs are super hard to see once it gets a tiny bit of dirt on it.
Thank you! Ill pick up ansanding sponge tomorrow and hit the runs before i install it.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat