Colorado Krew Hangout

Lets plan on meeting at and leaving the trailhead at 10:00. I may stop at the Gunsmoke before but I should be at the trailhead by 9:30.

Edit:
Time and location is subject to change based on input of those who are going...

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Wall
i’m in, leaving bennett, so i will need a location

as i stated, wife’s JK on 31s if that’s allowed.

I believe the recommendation is 35's, at least 1 locker, winch, skid plates, etc. It's a tough trail. I've never seen anyone run it on 31's I've seen one guy here run it on 33's but his tummy tuck TJ has much more ground clearance than a JK. If it's wet it's going to be considerably more difficult.

I don't recommend attempting on 31's. Can someone else chime in on this?

I believe the recommendation is 35's, at least 1 locker, winch, skid plates, etc. It's a tough trail. I've never seen anyone run it on 31's I've seen one guy here run it on 33's but his tummy tuck TJ has much more ground clearance than a JK. If it's wet it's going to be considerably more difficult.

I don't recommend attempting on 31's. Can someone else chime in on this?

it is a rubicon so locked front and rear. i’ll probably just met up with everyone to put some faces to handles and take my son to a different trail then.

ordering the SSSye now so the TJ will be ready next spring.

it is a rubicon so locked front and rear. i’ll probably just met up with everyone to put some faces to handles and take my son to a different trail then.

ordering the SSSye now so the TJ will be ready next spring.

I definitely would recommend not doing this on 31s. You and your son are definitely welcome to ride with me if you would like.

Trying to work my schedule so I could come up for this but would need to be back home at a reasonable hour. How long does this trail typically take to run?

Reactions: JHD1827
We usually are off the trail before 2pm. Depends on how many others are on the trail that day. Given the weather I would not expect to see many others.

Lets plan on meeting at and leaving the trailhead at 10:00. I may stop at the Gunsmoke before but I should be at the trailhead by 9:30.

Edit:
Time and location is subject to change based on input of those who are going...

My Jeep is currently in the shop with cooling system issues. It was blowing anti freeze steam this morning but wasn't overheating and didn't leave a puddle underneath. They fairly recently replaced my radiator and hoses so I left it with them to check out. I'll post up again when I know more. Hopefully I can still make the trip!

Has @lBasket sent it yet?

My parents house is on 77. My new house is probably half hour away, too. When we going?

I've gone to the right, I think the harder part of the trail is left? If anyone recognizes this spot...
PXL_20210918_153846410.jpg

Reactions: Apparition
That picture is of China Wall, south of Tarryall Reservoir. Chinaman's Gulch is south of Buena Vista. A stock jeep can run all of China Wall/Box Canyon. Not so much with Chinaman's.

• Wow
Reactions: lBasket