Colorado Krew Hangout

I’m going to be in the area for the next week but tomorrow is booked.

I could maybe do something Monday or Tuesday.

Reactions: lBasket
I’m going to be in the area for the next week but tomorrow is booked.

I could maybe do something Monday or Tuesday.

I have tuesday off I could probably do that...

I found this group Life in 4lo that is doing China Wall tomorrow. I might just meet up with them since it's so close to my house.

Ive been in the field all week wading the Colorado River up to my chest. I am physically exhausted and would be surprised if I even left the bed this weekend.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: rasband and lBasket
I found this group Life in 4lo that is doing China Wall tomorrow. I might just meet up with them since it's so close to my house.
Have you done China Wall? I could be mistaken but that's flat dirt road with 1 very mild section. I believe I've messed around on it for camping trips but I'm not 100% sure. If I'm correct I can't imagine a group going out for a run on that. If you're in Florissant have you ever run the Gulches outside of divide? They are still somewhat mild but I think they make for a much better day than China Wall. I might be available Sunday but won't know for sure until this evening. I think I could even run the TJ on the Gulches..

No go for me due to youth sports. Last run of the season? No snow runs on moderate trails?

Not really a fan of snow, no. Also, having a front lunchbox locker means my Jeep is just a SWB RWD vehicle with very little weight in the back when it snows on the highway. Not fun

Have you done China Wall? I could be mistaken but that's flat dirt road with 1 very mild section. I believe I've messed around on it for camping trips but I'm not 100% sure. If I'm correct I can't imagine a group going out for a run on that. If you're in Florissant have you ever run the Gulches outside of divide? They are still somewhat mild but I think they make for a much better day than China Wall. I might be available Sunday but won't know for sure until this evening. I think I could even run the TJ on the Gulches..

I've done part of it, it's not extremely exciting but it is really close to my house. But yeah it's definitely china wall, I'd rather do Chinaman but no one wants to go. Other groups going on Sunday but I am busy Sunday lol.

Talk about dirt road, the gulches have gotta be the most boring overrated trail in the state 😂 along with everything else in rampart

Reactions: JHD1827
Talk about dirt road, the gulches have gotta be the most boring overrated trail in the state 😂 along with everything else in rampart

I think they have enough to keep you coming back occasionally. Nice views, water crossings and small obstacles. If you want a butt clenching obstacle, go up and down Widow Maker trail at the end of Longwater Gulch.

The gulches are weird. I believe both Teller and Park Counties are trying to determine who is responsible for road maintenance since the Forest Service wont, and toss in multiple groups of people who want to close it. I cant say for certain whether or not crossing the river is illegal.

Reactions: Big_Wall
The Gulches have been closed at the county line since they were allowed to reopen after the Haymen fire, although I don't think most people are aware. Here is a good article about the ongoing fight to reopen those sections of trails.

https://coloradosun.com/2023/03/03/pike-san-isabel-off-roading-lawsuit/

1700580843603.png

Reactions: lBasket and JHD1827