Colorado Krew Hangout

6 years living up there never saw a band this strong

IMG_3055.png

I'd be down with Chinaman. I'm waiting for a car part and just found out I've got a medical issue going on that may require I stay close to an ER. I'll let you know as soon as I know what's going on

Dang, sorry buddy. Hope you can stay out of the ER.

What day you thinking? LMK. I'm probably just doing HW the rest of the weekend lol so I should be able to be flexible

Dang, sorry buddy. Hope you can stay out of the ER.

What day you thinking? LMK. I'm probably just doing HW the rest of the weekend lol so I should be able to be flexible

I'm sorry. I'm out. The Colorado Blood Cancer Institute sounds like their about to flip their lid over the level of CMV virus I have. I need to stay in town.

Chinamans is going to be slick and snowy. We've had snow on and off for a couple weeks. If anyone comes up, be prepared for shit show.

Reactions: Big_Wall
Back in HS in the 70's we used to take our Jeeps and Broncos to the top of Storm Mountain outside Estes and camp for the night.

Is that still a thing?

Just moved to Colorado 2 years ago.
I've got to be honest, I don't know where 24 is.

I lunk around the Colorado Springs/Woodland Park area, occasionally around Keystone if I take the TJ snowboarding! lol

Haha! So 24 is the highway that goes west thru Manitou and woodland Park. So sounds like you are on 24 sometimes 🙂

Haha! So 24 is the highway that goes west thru Manitou and woodland Park. So sounds like you are on 24 sometimes 🙂

Okay then, I DO know what it is.
Just drove the TJ down 24 through Woodland Park on NYE to do some snow wheeling around the Balanced Rock side of Rampart.

Since for some reason they close the Garden of Gods side in the winter?
Still not quite sure I understand that.

Reactions: lBasket
Just drove the TJ down 24 through Woodland Park on NYE to do some snow wheeling around the Balanced Rock side of Rampart.
Nice! You definitely found the closest stuff to you haha
Yeah I don't understand why they do that either. They also close the entrance by castle rock. But you can get to all the same trails from the WP entrance 🤷

Yeah I don't understand why they do that either. They also close the entrance by castle rock. But you can get to all the same trails from the WP entrance 🤷

For reference, in the summertime I can get onto Rampart Range Rd in 20 min from my house.
Winter, when it's closed, it takes me 56 minutes just to drive to Woodland, THEN get onto Rampart from that side.

Doesn't make sense, but what do I know.

Reactions: lBasket
For reference, in the summertime I can get onto Rampart Range Rd in 20 min from my house.
Winter, when it's closed, it takes me 56 minutes just to drive to Woodland, THEN get onto Rampart from that side.

Doesn't make sense, but what do I know.

Yeah it's silly. Probably either trying to protect the egress paths or just hoping to cut down on traffic in general due to the longer drive?

IIRC the gulches are farther west and a different section. I am not sure if there is an easier way from further east (I only know paths from Denver or where I am now) but you can go straight north thru a neighborhood from Florissant and get to them. Probably 25mins ish from town?

if they don’t close it, every yuppie with a subaru that can “go anywhere a jeep can go” would have to get rescued.

• Haha
Reactions: Igoo65 and lBasket