Colorado Krew Hangout

It was pretty fun to watch. Literally drill a 5/8" hole, pound a nipple into it, and then push the liquid thru at about 40 psi. Hardens within seconds. Something I should have scheduled to be done a long time ago. I cringed everytime it rained or would snow, you could see the water just going straight to the foundation. The drain was also clogged with about 4' of bubble wrap (wtf?) and mud/leaves. My guess would be that when it got to the point of not draining correctly the POs stuck the bubble wrap in there temporarily to block water from even entering.

Last edited:
It was pretty fun to watch. Literally drill a 5/8" hole, pound a nipple into it, and then push the liquid thru at about 40 psi. Hardens within seconds. Something I should have scheduled to be done a long time ago. I cringed everytime it rained or snowed, you could see the water just going straight to the foundation. The drain was also clogged with about 4' of bubble wrap (wtf?) and mud/leaves. My guess would be that when it got to the point of not draining correctly the POs stuck the bubble wrap in there temporarily to block water from even entering.
That's the kind of stuff people do. I found a funnel attached to a garden hose that the previous owner of my house was using to hide/fix a leaking window above the garage. I will take a picture when I'm home, I haven't had time to remove it. To many jeep projects to do!

How does your foundation look? I do soil stabilization but only in the preconstruction stage. I cringe every time I get a call about a settling foundation. I feel for the people.

How does your foundation look? I do soil stabilization but only in the preconstruction stage. I cringe every time I get a call about a settling foundation. I feel for the people.

We do have evidence of moisture in the crawl space, that will be resolved now though since we fixed the source. We've lived here for three years and nothing has settled in our time here. The house was built in 01

Reactions: Powdermonkey
Dropped the jeep off at Northridge 4x4 to have the shim issue in the rear diff looked at. It was geared and ARB lockers installed there Jan 2018. So just over a year, and about 4500 miles ago. I am curious to see how they handle this

I'm leaving for Chicago this weekend for two weeks of work. When I get back I'll probably have some u joints for the front drive shaft waiting for me. Maybe another wheel as I slowly
continue to collect.

So I have been dealing with axle shafts/ujoints from hell. Long story short, but the caps are shearing the ear. This cap needs driven down about 1/16" is all for the clip to slide in. I've beat on this thing, pressed, soaked, it simply will not budge any further.

Have you pulled it apart to make sure there isn't a needle bearing laying in the bottom?

I did, they are packed well with grease and have not moved. In this spot, I can turn the joint pretty freely, its not binding. The passenger side was just as stubborn.

And verified that the ears on the shaft are not bent?

They very well may be considering how much effort I've put into removing the old joint and installing the new one up to this point.

By the naked eye it looks straight. The cap shearing away at the metal though leads me to believe that there is a lip somewhere within the ear that the cap is getting stuck on.

This makes me question putting new joints in my trail spare axles. They are both pretty worn out, and need replaced. Are these chromoly axles?

Yes. Alloys I believe. They came with the built Dana 30 a couple of years ago.

What was the original "proposal"? The link is essentially comments that address the proposal.

I can’t find a lot of good data on this on mobile, but it seems like the linked org mostly takes issue with the unclear maps of newly classified wilderness area. That ambiguity could be interpreted negatively toward any NHV usage (jeeps, quads, bikes- both motorized and man powered, etc).

The gist being the original proposal is looking to add land to the wilderness designation possibly negatively impacting recreation for anyone but hikers.

Some added info (original proposal site, I believe): https://www.sanjuanwilderness.org/