Colorado Krew Hangout

Yes. I looked last year but mortgage rates were like 6.8. it was bonkers. I am hoping to try again this year, it's gonna be crappy while in school.

What alternatives you thinking? I'm debating whether I move up north to the Firestone area, or go up 285 to evergreen or bailey. I work remote so all I need is internet lol. Hoping to end up in a non-emissions county
Thankfully we locked in our rate about a month before the Feds raised it. It was incidental timing.

Firestone is a good area. Another "up and coming" area our realtor kept trying to get us to look at was Longmont. I have a few projects in Longmont and it does seem like a fun town with small town vibes still

Reactions: lBasket
Thankfully we locked in our rate about a month before the Feds raised it. It was incidental timing.

Firestone is a good area. Another "up and coming" area our realtor kept trying to get us to look at was Longmont. I have a few projects in Longmont and it does seem like a fun town with small town vibes still

Yeah, I refid my current place when rates were at a historic low. I think my rate is 3.85 or something. So it's gonna be hard to leave that lol. Even mortgaging the same amount for the same down as I own now would cost a few more hundred dollars a month. So that sucks.

Yeah, my friend moved to Firestone and I like the vine there. Reminds me of 2005 era castle rock.

I've heard that a few times too about Longmont, but whenever I look it's priced just like Broomfield. Those two seem to be Boulder overflow so I am fairly certain I will hate it there

My sister lives in Longmont. It's nice but blowing up like everywhere else along the 25 corridor.
Have you looked at the western slope? It's nice out that way and Moab is close.
Cortez/Durango/Pagosa area is also nice, Salida too. Up by Steamboat, out towards Meeker and Craig.
Lots of great places in this state if you don't mind being out in the boonies. That kind of living is much easier now than it was 20+ years ago.

Reactions: tworley
My sister lives in Longmont. It's nice but blowing up like everywhere else along the 25 corridor.
Have you looked at the western slope? It's nice out that way and Moab is close.
Cortez/Durango/Pagosa area is also nice, Salida too. Up by Steamboat, out towards Meeker and Craig.
Lots of great places in this state if you don't mind being out in the boonies. That kind of living is much easier now than it was 20+ years ago.
I just don't know that area that well - it'd be nice to be 1-2 hours from my friends rather than 4-5. We meet in the mountains most of the time anyways. But I'm not opposed. My brother said durango had a lot of meth lol. I also have no idea how to shop for a house 5 hours from my house lol, is it gonna end up being all online?

This is true - I am a fully remote employee but they keep forcing me to drive into the office because I'm "close enough" (I'm really not, it's like a 90min drive). Makes me nervous as we go through an acquisition.

I'm not sure any of those mountain areas would differ much from each other? I gravitate to 285 because I am familiar with the area as my parents lived in Jefferson for a few years. Maybe I should just do some driving around and check them out

I gravitate to 285 because I am familiar with the area as my parents lived in Jefferson for a few years. Maybe I should just do some driving around and check them out

Honestly not a bad idea. Thats what we did when looking for a new place. Picked a general area where we wanted to live, spent the day seeing what was available, amenities, drove around, it got old but really helped us decide where we wanted to be. If looking online, avoid zillow, they're slow to update their listings and what shows as available may be under contract already. We were set up with Compass, its updated every few hours according to our real estate agent
https://www.compass.com/

Reactions: Rescue6 and lBasket
Honestly not a bad idea. Thats what we did when looking for a new place. Picked a general area where we wanted to live, spent the day seeing what was available, amenities, drove around, it got old but really helped us decide where we wanted to be. If looking online, avoid zillow, they're slow to update their listings and what shows as available may be under contract already. We were set up with Compass, its updated every few hours according to our real estate agent
https://www.compass.com/

Good to know, yeah my realtor had me in some official MLS site when I was shopping too. Driving around will probably be the idea, I want to be more narrowed down by the time I reach out to her this time. I didn't have a specific enough list last time and that probably is part of how I ended up out here.

I need to actually spend time there. I thought Idaho Springs might have been a nice area til I went in like October and stopped for breakfast. And it just felt weird. Like a mountain town full of people from Boulder LOL.

I've been as combing thru some of your build threads, really looking forward to meeting you guys.

I have the tranny out still, need to order the Savvy engine skid, I wouldn't lije to hit the poly, oil pan on a rock.

After that I'll be up to hitting the trails.

Which will be nice getting away from the red clay in NC to the black muck in AK

Reactions: rasband and tworley
Go for it!
They have a brewery and small population, so I'm in. Lots of outdoor things to do near there and you're close enough to the Springs if you need to go to town.