Colorado Krew Hangout

Beau Jo's doesn't even sell much pizza. They sell flatbread with various fruits, meats, and other un-knowable stuff and call it pizza.

• Haha
Reactions: lBasket
Beau Jo's doesn't even sell much pizza. They sell flatbread with various fruits, meats, and other un-knowable stuff and call it pizza.

The confusing and disappointing aspect of BJ's is that their flat bread pizza crust is as complex and flavorful as a communion wafer. Everything they smear on top of it follows suit in its empty blandness. Then the easily distracted people rave about the honey.

• Haha
But at least it's over priced !:LOL:

I know I'm a few days late for this, but pizza caught my attention. Pickaxe Pizza in Idaho Springs is right down the road and is 10 times better. Also going back through the thread a bit, Idaho Springs is definitely an acquired taste to say the least. It's not too bad once you get used to it. But I've got many Idaho Springs stories, mostly involving tweakers.

Last edited:
Looking for a casual trail I can do alone this weekend where I don't have to worry about getting stuck. I just wanna get out with the dog. Anyone know what is manageable this time of year?

damn I already packed up my trail book. I don't see anything east on Alltrails, do you know any names

I think the mtns are going to be to snowy, especially with last nights front. I can't think of anything that would be open. I say "east" with tongue in cheek because the only thing I could think of is two lane county roads out on the eastern plains

damn I already packed up my trail book. I don't see anything east on Alltrails, do you know any names

Anything north out of Idaho Springs. Head up Virginia Canyon Rd and wander around. There is a way to get to the Boulder area and never touch pavement. Snow would be the only concern.

I think the mtns are going to be to snowy, especially with last nights front. I can't think of anything that would be open. I say "east" with tongue in cheek because the only thing I could think of is two lane county roads out on the eastern plains
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking.

Anything north out of Idaho Springs. Head up Virginia Canyon Rd and wander around. There is a way to get to the Boulder area and never touch pavement. Snow would be the only concern.

Yeah that's a good idea, at least it's not far and I can get a good burrito in idaho springs. One class ended this week another starting Monday lol trying to take advantage of my free weekend.

Reactions: jjvw
Looking for a casual trail I can do alone this weekend where I don't have to worry about getting stuck. I just wanna get out with the dog. Anyone know what is manageable this time of year?

Yankee Hill is iffy. Based on the reports on Trails Offroad someone ran it this last weekend, but Alpine Rescue also had to go get someone stranded back there last week. But like others suggested Virginia canyon is a fun one to just cruise. Plenty of cool mines. Up towards Nevadaville maybe too.

Yeah we tried to do Yankee hill in like late October and we got maybe 100'. I just wanna cruise and let the dog run off-leash and maybe stop and hang and eat lunch in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah we tried to do Yankee hill in like late October and we got maybe 100'. I just wanna cruise and let the dog run off-leash and maybe stop and hang and eat lunch in the middle of nowhere.
Yeah it's definitely clear a lot later and earlier than most trails around there but it just gets so icy in all of the wrong spots. It's an awesome trail in the middle of the week in summer. On weekends it's just too crowded though. And so so many razors. Also having people mag dumping into steel plates at 20 yds with no eye or ear pro on and then hearing rounds richocheting in the woods right next you doesn't exactly make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I've heard of a few people's rigs getting hit by ricochets up there.

Yeah it's definitely clear a lot later and earlier than most trails around there but it just gets so icy in all of the wrong spots. It's an awesome trail in the middle of the week in summer. On weekends it's just too crowded though. And so so many razors. Also having people mag dumping into steel plates at 20 yds with no eye or ear pro on and then hearing rounds richocheting in the woods right next you doesn't exactly make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I've heard of a few people's rigs getting hit by ricochets up there.

Yep I went in like June? I think it was. Took a thursday off and took my buddy in his new rivian out there. VERY fun on a summer weekday. Going back on a weekend later sucked. Idaho springs isn't very fun on the weekends.

Reactions: Bobohunter1776
Yep I went in like June? I think it was. Took a thursday off and took my buddy in his new rivian out there. VERY fun on a summer weekday. Going back on a weekend later sucked. Idaho springs isn't very fun on the weekends.

Yeah middle of the week is the way to go with most things in CO now unfortunately. It's a weird trail system. The closest thing to another jeep I've seen back there other than a CJ I go with sometimes was a group of broncos. And one guy in a fancy SUV who told me good luck and looked terrified.