Colorado Krew Hangout

Yeah middle of the week is the way to go with most things in CO now unfortunately. It's a weird trail system. The closest thing to another jeep I've seen back there other than a CJ I go with sometimes was a group of broncos. And one guy in a fancy SUV who told me good luck and looked terrified.

Luckily those guys typically stick to the "popular" trails lol. Slaughterhouse, yankee hill, switzerland, rampart

Looking for a casual trail I can do alone this weekend where I don't have to worry about getting stuck. I just wanna get out with the dog. Anyone know what is manageable this time of year?

Ran 20+ miles of trail down by West Creek last week. Up above Rampart, was good to go. Same thing, out for leisurely drive to let the girlfriend and dogs run. Snow on the trail but super easy. Beautiful views, fun berms. Rule Ridge is only actual trail name I can remember. Area is considered "blues" when dry. Only thing down there to watch out for are the Gulches. Friends are always recommended... lot of long hikes out. Heard someone ran Switzerland/Gordon Gulch recently too. They have a pretty built rig, didn't say how deep it was.

Reactions: lBasket
Heard someone ran Switzerland/Gordon Gulch recently too. They have a pretty built rig, didn't say how deep it was.
From Trails Offroad yesterday for Switzerland. Really wish you could actually see what rigs people have on there. Isn't Switzerland pretty high exposure though?

Screenshot_20230302_182637_TrailsOffroad.jpg

Reactions: inkedrose
Ran 20+ miles of trail down by West Creek last week. Up above Rampart, was good to go. Same thing, out for leisurely drive to let the girlfriend and dogs run. Snow on the trail but super easy. Beautiful views, fun berms. Rule Ridge is only actual trail name I can remember. Area is considered "blues" when dry. Only thing down there to watch out for are the Gulches. Friends are always recommended... lot of long hikes out. Heard someone ran Switzerland/Gordon Gulch recently too. They have a pretty built rig, didn't say how deep it was.

how did you get in?

how did you get in?

Took 285 up then south on 67. As soon as you see sign for West Creek there’s a few access points. I use the COTREX ap, it’s free and super accurate. Put on by state of Co. Came in up Rule Ridge then lapped back out by the entrances to the Gulches. Small section of dirt road the rest is all trails. Pretty big network of trails, a little less traveled. Easy to get lost but nothing difficult except the gulches. Everyones opinion of “easy” is different. I’m on 35s with front and rear lockers…. never touched my lockers. Had a buddy in a full size with me that made it as well.

Took 285 up then south on 67. As soon as you see sign for West Creek there’s a few access points. I use the COTREX ap, it’s free and super accurate. Put on by state of Co. Came in up Rule Ridge then lapped back out by the entrances to the Gulches. Small section of dirt road the rest is all trails. Pretty big network of trails, a little less traveled. Easy to get lost but nothing difficult except the gulches. Everyones opinion of “easy” is different. I’m on 35s with front and rear lockers…. never touched my lockers. Had a buddy in a full size with me that made it as well.

Nice! I didn't know you could get in over there. I always went in over by perry park or via mt herman

Reactions: inkedrose
Thats fair. I'm really not too picky when it comes to pizza. Pizza is pizza. Good pizza is just so good though.

I can appreciate a cheap pizza, don't get me wrong. But I don't wanna pay alot for one. That's what makes it gross. Hot n readys are good/gross, but they're 7$ so you just pretend it didn't happen

Reactions: tworley
I can appreciate a cheap pizza, don't get me wrong. But I don't wanna pay alot for one. That's what makes it gross. Hot n readys are good/gross, but they're 7$ so you just pretend it didn't happen
Pizza is just so overpriced, especially in Colorado. That is one thing I definitely do not like about bojos. If they made it even like 5 bucks cheaper it'd be worth it. In my opinion, Chinese is the best fast food for the money. It's like 3 meals for $20.

Reactions: lBasket

Back in my day they were $5, and yes - great because the price.

Well Finally decided to take the transmission into a shop. figured winter was over. why not do the winter projects in the spring.

anyone ever use Steves transmission and gears?

he has lots of experience with the nsg-370 from what he said. hope it all goes well

Well Finally decided to take the transmission into a shop. figured winter was over. why not do the winter projects in the spring.

he has lots of experience with the nsg-370 from what he said. hope it all goes well

Hopefully they can make that glass jaw 6 spd. into a good useful transmission for you!

Did they give you guesstimate for the job?