Colorado Krew Hangout

Don't break your rig a week out.

Keegan Michael Key Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

There will still be heavy snow in the fun parts.... Making it not as fun. I'm still it of town anyway😓

Ah really? Bummer. I don't know where it is really but my friend keeps telling me to (cos I whine when they take me places without rocks).

There wasn't anyyy snow on chinaman last weekend. Although I guess that's probably normal if you hit it in April every year.

Reactions: inkedrose
I need to do some, but with all the rain I've not been very motivated!

You have a yard at least!
20230531_175046[1].jpg

My backyard is nothing but dirt. My goal is to put down sod this month along with much needed landscaping, but need to get the sprinklers sorted out first. There is a broken line near the stairs, and I know of at least 5 missing sprinker heads with one being under the barrel, one left of that below the red pavers, one in the center of the grey pavers, one in the middle of the yard on the other side of the maple tree and one behind me in the photo that may or may not be under the rock wall. I just dont understand why, whoever was responsible for it, paved over everything 😑 Also the mismatched paver stones bother the hell out of me, there are 5 different styles...

• Wow
  • Face Palm
Reactions: lBasket and rasband
@lBasket did you make to SW/ER? It's been nonstop rain up here all weekend.

Instead of sprinklers, I've been working on our other project which is sanding the 80s golden oak stair railings to a red mahogany. This was 6 hrs of sanding for two railings. The first time, we didn't sand enough and had a lot of blotches. The 1st coat of clear was added then sanded with 220 grit and a 2nd and 3rd coat added. Only 5 more railings, 9 days worth of work if I follow the same procedure.
20230603_190800.jpg

@lBasket did you make to SW/ER? It's been nonstop rain up here all weekend.
Nope I did not, couldn't find anyone to go with ☹️
Instead of sprinklers, I've been working on our other project which is sanding the 80s golden oak stair railings to a red mahogany. This was 6 hrs of sanding for two railings. The first time, we didn't sand enough and had a lot of blotches. The 1st coat of clear was added then sanded with 220 grit and a 2nd and 3rd coat added. Only 5 more railings, 9 days worth of work if I follow the same procedure.
View attachment 429868

Looks good! I am also putzing around the house. Working in building out my toolshed how I like it

PXL_20230604_155432734.jpg

Putting a shelf below the table so I can store my wood and such and actually use the top for tools.

With speeds like that are you sanding by hand? That sounds soooo tedious

Reactions: tworley
Nope I did not, couldn't find anyone to go with ☹️

Looks good! I am also putzing around the house. Working in building out my toolshed how I like it

View attachment 429875

Putting a shelf below the table so I can store my wood and such and actually use the top for tools.

With speeds like that are you sanding by hand? That sounds soooo tedious

The shop space will be nice, especially when you can set it up how you want.

Im using an orbital palm sander. The next ones shouldn't take as long since those wont have a new layer of stain over old.

Reactions: lBasket
:oops:

They do look incredible though, nice work! The PO of my house painted the golden oak balusters, rails, and trim white. I don't love it, but I like it better than the oak. Your red mahogany stain looks great; makes me rethink mine.

We had our trim painted over too. It's not my favorite either but it looks better than before. Someday I'd like to remove the trim (especially the baseboards) and replace with something a bit more modern

Reactions: rasband and lBasket