Kumho Road Venture AT51

IronCity

TJ Enthusiast
Kumho Road Venture AT51
Has anyone tried these out? They look decent and have a some good reviews. Price is great since my pockets aren't so deep.

IMG_6706.PNG

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/Kumho/Road+Venture+AT51#Reviews

This is all I could find as they aren't very known. Be weary of "budget tires" though. I was in same boat because I'm a college kid and the last thing I wanted to do was drop $1200 in tires but tires seem to be the biggest example of you get what you pay for. And for $30-$40 more per tire, you could just get a nice pair of coopers and have peace of mind going 60MPH in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or if you want a damn nice, highly, highly praised AT tire, get the Goodyear Duratracs. By far my favorite tire I've ever run, and they perform exceptionally well in all weather. I paid about $1000 for an entire set of 33" Duratracs.

Reactions: JP98
Or if you want a damn nice, highly, highly praised AT tire, get the Goodyear Duratracs. By far my favorite tire I've ever run, and they perform exceptionally well in all weather. I paid about $1000 for an entire set of 33" Duratracs.

AT? I thought DTs were mud and snow rated?

The only thing connecting your ride to the ground is four small patches of rubber compound. Get that right and all is well. Get that wrong and all sorts of bad things happen. Sometimes we have to do what we must, but it's worth thinking about.

Reactions: JP98
I tried those Kumho tires in the past. They were my dedicated street tires and I had Kumho Road Venture MT's (the original tread pattern) as my trail set. Both tires performed great at what they were intended for. The AT51's were sticky on pavement and did a pretty good job in the little snow they saw. The MT's were one of my favorite sets of mudders. It's too bad the changed to a directional tread. Bleh.

Reactions: StG58
Very cool! I'm assuming they look good too?

They are semi-aggressive and decent looking:

road-venture-at51_zpsyr5o0uye.png

I just swapped em out for some more aggressive Goodyears. The AT51's did everything great and barely broke a sweat in the snow we had. Smooth and sticky on the road.

They have about 600 miles on em.

tire5_zpsh4o6dmtj.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Got the Kumho's on and drove about 70 miles today. Minimal road noise, barely noticeable with the radio on. Had a light rain last night and traveled some twisty back roads with out any issues. Got a full set from tire rack mounted and balanced on new rims, and so far I'm all in!

IMG_0908.JPG

Reactions: GrzzlyTJ and Chris
Good to hear a review on these! Looks like another good tire to choose from. I always like Kumho's price point too!