Kvarilek’s 2006 Jeep Wrangler 65th Anniversary Edition

Aug 1, 2018
Harrisburg, SD
Well, I know many had reservations about this one but I ended up pulling the trigger on this 06 Wrangler 65th Anniversary edition yesterday. It has a salvage title from a front end hit but after talking to the shop that did the work and checking it in person I decided to go for it. I ended up getting it for what I think was a very good price and this is going to be a perfect driving project for me and the family to enjoy!

Here is our new addition...

e3e3beec66b58c1a258f19599709c18e.jpg

7188e0209ed837292b80154bd4636bb7.jpg

5da8b0102ccef2d2ffa3adde809e4ca8.jpg

ccf31460c4221b0ec175bc59ed527bac.jpg

I already have a Brown Dog Super Kit on the way (one of the bolts on the engine bracket is busted off) and will hopefully tackle it this week. After that I want to get a new stereo head unit and then work on washing and polishing/waxing. I'm excited to be a part of the TJ family!

BlueRidge304

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Aug 3, 2018
Kearneysville, WV, USA
Wow that's nice, congrats on the purchase! It looks great, super clean, love the color and the wheels!

Are those leather seats? And is that Sasquatch in the front windshield?

Just need +1 Trail Rated badge for the passenger side :)

Kiwi TJ

If people ar talking behind ur back,then just fart
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
May 3, 2016
Auckland New Zealand
That's a very nice colour and super clean by the looks of things too.....Personally I'd be painting that centre dash console to match the outside but other than that it looks very nice. You would never know it had front end damage.

OP
OP
Kvarilek
Aug 1, 2018
Harrisburg, SD
That's a very nice colour and super clean by the looks of things too.....Personally I'd be painting that centre dash console to match the outside but other than that it looks very nice. You would never know it had front end damage.
I really like the idea of painting the center section to match, great suggestion!

fuse

TJ Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2018
San Diego, CA
Super clean, sweet ride! Low mileage too!

What's the build like on the Anniversary edition? It has the body-color flares like a Sahara, AC and cruise. Is the rest of the build like a Sahara?

OP
OP
Kvarilek
Aug 1, 2018
Harrisburg, SD
Super clean, sweet ride! Low mileage too!

What's the build like on the Anniversary edition? It has the body-color flares like a Sahara, AC and cruise. Is the rest of the build like a Sahara?
Thank you sir! So it's basically an X model with a few added features:

SunRider soft top
15-inch Alcoa aluminum wheels
30" x 9.5" Goodyear Wrangler OWL tires
Heavy duty Dana 44 rear axle
High pressure gas charged shocks
Sirius satellite radio with 1-year free service
7-speaker system including subwoofer
Body colored fender flares
Full metal doors
Fog lamps
Unique center stack bezel
Unique two-tone seat with embroidered Jeep 65 logo
Unique floormats with "Jeep 65" logo
Unique 65th anniversary decal

Unfortunately the seats in this aren't the originals which isn't a huge deal because these are surprisingly comfortable. The soft top was removed and put on the previous owners sons Jeep which isn't a big deal since I wanted a hard top anyway. Overall it's nothing to special but my wife and I are a big fan of the color and I can't wait to get time to polish and wax it.

Fouledplugs

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Jun 19, 2017
Alabama, Florida, Hawaii, South Carolina
Well, I know many had reservations about this one but I ended up pulling the trigger on this 06 Wrangler 65th Anniversary edition yesterday. It has a salvage title from a front end hit but after talking to the shop that did the work and checking it in person I decided to go for it. I ended up getting it for what I think was a very good price and this is going to be a perfect driving project for me and the family to enjoy!

Here is our new addition...

View attachment 52304
View attachment 52305
View attachment 52306
View attachment 52307

I already have a Brown Dog Super Kit on the way (one of the bolts on the engine bracket is busted off) and will hopefully tackle it this week. After that I want to get a new stereo head unit and then work on washing and polishing/waxing. I'm excited to be a part of the TJ family!
Beautiful TJ. If you ever decide to sell the wheels, I would be first in line with my cash in hand

Donations

Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum's operating expenses are primarily paid by the generous contributions of members.

Donate

Ride of the Month

Congratulations to Kiwi TJ for winning the November 2018 Ride of the Month!

November 2018 Ride of the Month

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmacetj