Kvarilek’s 2006 Jeep Wrangler 65th Anniversary Edition

Kvarilek

TJ Enthusiast
Well, I know many had reservations about this one but I ended up pulling the trigger on this 06 Wrangler 65th Anniversary edition yesterday. It has a salvage title from a front end hit but after talking to the shop that did the work and checking it in person I decided to go for it. I ended up getting it for what I think was a very good price and this is going to be a perfect driving project for me and the family to enjoy!

Here is our new addition...

e3e3beec66b58c1a258f19599709c18e.jpg

7188e0209ed837292b80154bd4636bb7.jpg

5da8b0102ccef2d2ffa3adde809e4ca8.jpg

ccf31460c4221b0ec175bc59ed527bac.jpg

I already have a Brown Dog Super Kit on the way (one of the bolts on the engine bracket is busted off) and will hopefully tackle it this week. After that I want to get a new stereo head unit and then work on washing and polishing/waxing. I'm excited to be a part of the TJ family!

Wow that's nice, congrats on the purchase! It looks great, super clean, love the color and the wheels!

Are those leather seats? And is that Sasquatch in the front windshield?

Just need +1 Trail Rated badge for the passenger side :)

Reactions: Kvarilek
That's a very nice colour and super clean by the looks of things too.....Personally I'd be painting that centre dash console to match the outside but other than that it looks very nice. You would never know it had front end damage.

Whether any of us had reservations about it or not, it's yours, and if you're happy with it, then that's all that matters. I can see the appeal in it. That is a very nice looking rig! Congratulations!

That's a very nice colour and super clean by the looks of things too.....Personally I'd be painting that centre dash console to match the outside but other than that it looks very nice. You would never know it had front end damage.

I really like the idea of painting the center section to match, great suggestion!

Super clean, sweet ride! Low mileage too!

What's the build like on the Anniversary edition? It has the body-color flares like a Sahara, AC and cruise. Is the rest of the build like a Sahara?

Super clean, sweet ride! Low mileage too!

What's the build like on the Anniversary edition? It has the body-color flares like a Sahara, AC and cruise. Is the rest of the build like a Sahara?

Thank you sir! So it's basically an X model with a few added features:

SunRider soft top
15-inch Alcoa aluminum wheels
30" x 9.5" Goodyear Wrangler OWL tires
Heavy duty Dana 44 rear axle
High pressure gas charged shocks
Sirius satellite radio with 1-year free service
7-speaker system including subwoofer
Body colored fender flares
Full metal doors
Fog lamps
Unique center stack bezel
Unique two-tone seat with embroidered Jeep 65 logo
Unique floormats with "Jeep 65" logo
Unique 65th anniversary decal

Unfortunately the seats in this aren't the originals which isn't a huge deal because these are surprisingly comfortable. The soft top was removed and put on the previous owners sons Jeep which isn't a big deal since I wanted a hard top anyway. Overall it's nothing to special but my wife and I are a big fan of the color and I can't wait to get time to polish and wax it.

Thank you sir! So it's basically an X model with a few added features: [...]

Nice build too!

I like all the unique stuff. Those are things that no other Jeep will have. So I'd keep the center console the way it is to show what makes this Jeep special.

Well, I know many had reservations about this one but I ended up pulling the trigger on this 06 Wrangler 65th Anniversary edition yesterday. It has a salvage title from a front end hit but after talking to the shop that did the work and checking it in person I decided to go for it. I ended up getting it for what I think was a very good price and this is going to be a perfect driving project for me and the family to enjoy!

Here is our new addition...

View attachment 52304
View attachment 52305
View attachment 52306
View attachment 52307

I already have a Brown Dog Super Kit on the way (one of the bolts on the engine bracket is busted off) and will hopefully tackle it this week. After that I want to get a new stereo head unit and then work on washing and polishing/waxing. I'm excited to be a part of the TJ family!
Beautiful TJ. If you ever decide to sell the wheels, I would be first in line with my cash in hand

The 65th Anniversary Edition is essential a Sahara with cloth seats. The seats in the front are from a Sahara because they are heated and I had a soft top because when I bought it from the dealership in 2009. It didn't have a hard top. I live in PA. It gets cold and it was essentially only taken out to shows, on weekends, and in inclement weather. It's a 6spd. It's the last of the AMC designed Iline 6s.