TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

Lancaster county PA grows a pair

WallyWest

TJ Enthusiast

Cliffs: Lancaster sits between Harrisburg and Philly, and is mostly a rural county with very few Corona cases. In spite of that we are lumped in with Philly for the purpose of deciding when to ease stay at home restrictions and business closures. Lancaster commissioners just sent a letter to Gov Wolf urging him to reconsider, and stating that we will begin reopening on Friday whether he likes it or not.

The devastation to small business in Lancaster is immense. I know of quite a few that have already made the decision to declare bankruptcy and not reopen. They don't have much choice really. I don't hate many people, but Wolf made my list with his shenanigans through all this.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Good. Fuck bit government and this Democrat “improvisation”. I wish more individuals, businesses, and cities would take a stand and simply say no.

I’m happy to hear this is starting to happen.

Westtown Willy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member

Cliffs: Lancaster sits between Harrisburg and Philly, and is mostly a rural county with very few Corona cases. In spite of that we are lumped in with Philly for the purpose of deciding when to ease stay at home restrictions and business closures. Lancaster commissioners just sent a letter to Gov Wolf urging him to reconsider, and stating that we will begin reopening on Friday whether he likes it or not.

The devastation to small business in Lancaster is immense. I know of quite a few that have already made the decision to declare bankruptcy and not reopen. They don't have much choice really. I don't hate many people, but Wolf made my list with his shenanigans through all this.
that is spectacular news, Wolf can stick it up his ass, he's increasingly showing himself as a power hungry douchebag & I'm about tired of his horseshit. Judging from what I've been seeing out on the streets, so is everyone else.

I'm about 20 minutes from the Chester/Lancaster county line, love Lancaster, it's one of the coolest counties in Pennsylvania & the city is awesome. My girlfriend & I were just talking about tellus & how we can't wait to get our asses back up on the roof to sit under a tree :LOL:, that is about the coolest bar I've ever seen.

For those that have never been, it's a massive 3 floor Irish Pub with a 10,000 square foot rooftop bar with grass, plants & tons of seating. When you're up there you can forget you're not at ground level, it's amazing.

tellus.jpg
tellus 3.jpg
tellus 4.jpg
tellus 2.jpg

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
that is spectacular news, Wolf can stick it up his ass, he's increasingly showing himself as a power hungry douchebag & I'm about tired of his horseshit. Judging from what I've been seeing out on the streets, so is everyone else.

I'm about 20 minutes from the Chester/Lancaster county line, love Lancaster, it's one of the coolest counties in Pennsylvania & the city is awesome. My girlfriend & I were just talking about tellus & how we can't wait to get our asses back up on the roof to sit under a tree :LOL:, that is about the coolest bar I've ever seen.

For those that have never been, it's a massive 3 floor Irish Pub with a 10,000 square foot rooftop bar with grass, plants & tons of seating. When you're up there you can forget you're not at ground level, it's amazing.

View attachment 160387View attachment 160389View attachment 160390View attachment 160391
That's absolutely awesome!

Of course win will that idiot governor allow them to reopen again? If it's anything like our state, the governor seems to want to keep things closed indefinitely.

Reactions: Rubi04

Westtown Willy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
That's absolutely awesome!

Of course win will that idiot governor allow them to reopen again? If it's anything like our state, the governor seems to want to keep things closed indefinitely.
well, according to that article the county is opening whether the governor likes it or not; apparently a few other counties are doing the same thing. If that begins happening more & more, which I think it should, I'm not sure what if anything these governors will be able to do about it. Sure they can make threats, cut funding maybe, have the State Police start issuing citations if county & local police won't, but if enough locales do this sort of thing it'll be way too much for any state to handle, they simply don't have the manpower. Prosecution is another issue that won't be managable.

I live relatively close to what's probably considered the epicenter of the global pandemic (NY City/Jersey/Philly) & I can tell you this. Because of my 'essential' job I've been out every single day/night of this situation, there's been no at-home quarantining for me. I also do all the shopping for my elderly parents, in addition to my own, so I've spent some time out in that regard. Every day I go out I notice more and more people out & about, traffic volume is increasing, & this is only going to grow as the weather continues to get better day by day. People are reading the same things we're reading here & the more we learn from countless independent doctors all over the country the less scary this thing is; like it or not I think the people are going to force this thing to a head with or without the government's blessing, granted with massive increases in infection rates, but I believe 90% or more won't even know it. I think this'll bring about an end to it in a more natural way rather than sitting on our thumbs waiting for the dynamic duo of Gates & Fauci, maybe we'll call them Gauci, to get their pay to play injection juice to market while we also once & for all bury earth's economy.

LukesfirstJeep

TJ Enthusiast
I understand the frustration of the residents of Lancaster County, but I think the 2200+ cases and 166 people that died from covid is why they are still "red".

I hope it doesn't backfire. Our county is "yellow". We are allowed out with restrictions (mask, small groups, etc.), but I don't any enforcement in the public. My concern is a second rise in outbreaks.

LukesfirstJeep

TJ Enthusiast
I live relatively close to what's probably considered the epicenter of the global pandemic (NY City/Jersey/Philly) & I can tell you this. Because of my 'essential' job I've been out every single day/night of this situation, there's been no at-home quarantining for me. I also do all the shopping for my elderly parents, in addition to my own, so I've spent some time out in that regard. Every day I go out I notice more and more people out & about, traffic volume is increasing, & this is only going to grow as the weather continues to get better day by day. People are reading the same things we're reading here & the more we learn from countless independent doctors all over the country the less scary this thing is; like it or not I think the people are going to force this thing to a head with or without the government's blessing, granted with massive increases in infection rates, but I believe 90% or more won't even know it. I think this'll bring about an end to it in a more natural way rather than sitting on our thumbs waiting for the dynamic duo of Gates & Fauci, maybe we'll call them Gauci, to get their pay to play injection juice to market while we also once & for all bury earth's economy.
You posted this while I was typing my previous reply. I'm interested in your perspective because of your location and activity. Would you feel comfortable sending your parent out, with masks, gloves and/or hand sanitizer or would continue to shop for them?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
well, according to that article the county is opening whether the governor likes it or not; apparently a few other counties are doing the same thing. If that begins happening more & more, which I think it should, I'm not sure what if anything these governors will be able to do about it. Sure they can make threats, cut funding maybe, have the State Police start issuing citations if county & local police won't, but if enough locales do this sort of thing it'll be way too much for any state to handle, they simply don't have the manpower. Prosecution is another issue that won't be managable.

I suspect you are right. I’ve noticed the same things here. Huge increase in traffic, tons and tons of people outside, almost no one wearing masks, kids at the playgrounds (including my kids), and people finally realizing this isn’t what the media portrayed it as being.

I sure as hell won’t be talking Gates’ vaccine, nor will I buy into any of the bullshit the media is selling.

Westtown Willy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
You posted this while I was typing my previous reply. I'm interested in your perspective because of your location and activity. Would you feel comfortable sending your parent out, with masks, gloves and/or hand sanitizer or would continue to shop for them?
I think there are two issues here. I am very cognizant of the dangers posed to the high risk groups, my parents (80s) & the otherwise immune compromised. Without question they have to take a different approach, assuming they’re willing to. So to answer your question, no, if it were up to me I wouldn’t be comfortable sending them out to rejoin the fray & quite frankly this is why I’ve insisted I do their shopping to reduce their risk. I’ll add that my dad isn’t happy about it, every chance he has he tells me this is bullshit. Just yesterday I had them over for mother’s day & they declared they are taking back ‘shopping’. I told them to hold off a little while longer, they reluctantly agreed, but they’re not happy about it & I fully expect to my dad to put his foot down at some point. Cranky old bastard that he is :LOL:

As for the rest of us, I see no reason we all shouldn’t be back at work immediately resuscitating this economy before we slip into a depression that may take a generation to climb out of. Yes, there is still risk even if you’re not in the high risk category, but that’s life, it’s just one of a thousand risks we all encounter every day without hiding in a closet in fear.

We’ve got to stop living in fear. Our leaders are paralyzed by fear of having a single casualty charged against them because of their decisions. I get it, I wouldn’t want that burden either, but I’m not an elected official for a reason, I don’t want that life – for better or worse they did want that life & this kind of thing comes with the territory.

LukesfirstJeep

TJ Enthusiast
I think there are two issues here. I am very cognizant of the dangers posed to the high risk groups, my parents (80s) & the otherwise immune compromised. Without question they have to take a different approach, assuming they’re willing to. So to answer your question, no, if it were up to me I wouldn’t be comfortable sending them out to rejoin the fray & quite frankly this is why I’ve insisted I do their shopping to reduce their risk. I’ll add that my dad isn’t happy about it, every chance he has he tells me this is bullshit. Just yesterday I had them over for mother’s day & they declared they are taking back ‘shopping’. I told them to hold off a little while longer, they reluctantly agreed, but they’re not happy about it & I fully expect to my dad to put his foot down at some point. Cranky old bastard that he is :LOL:

As for the rest of us, I see no reason we all shouldn’t be back at work immediately resuscitating this economy before we slip into a depression that may take a generation to climb out of. Yes, there is still risk even if you’re not in the high risk category, but that’s life, it’s just one of a thousand risks we all encounter every day without hiding in a closet in fear.

We’ve got to stop living in fear. Our leaders are paralyzed by fear of having a single casualty charged against them because of their decisions. I get it, I wouldn’t want that burden either, but I’m not an elected official for a reason, I don’t want that life – for better or worse they did want that life & this kind of thing comes with the territory.
I totally agree. That's why I moved my 84 year old in-laws in with us from Bucks County. My MIL has dementia, and my FIL is stubborn. Both have multiple health issues, and I don't see them taking proper precautions..

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Even if you are older and more at risk, you have to decide, at what point is it more enjoyable to go outside and take a risk as oppose to locking yourself inside?

Is that any way to live life?

Westtown Willy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Even if you are older and more at risk, you have to decide, at what point is it more enjoyable to go outside and take a risk as oppose to locking yourself inside?

Is that any way to live life?
Exactly, and that’s my dad’s sentiments. If he had it his way nothing would’ve ever shut down to begin with & he’s perfectly fine taking the risk, it’s been me up his ass to stay home. He hasn’t said as much but I’m pretty sure from his vantage point he’s like fuck it, at 83 I’ve already outlived my life expectancy & I’m already the age when all the men in my family die anyway so the writing is on the wall… I don’t want to spend whatever years, months or maybe even days I have left locked in my basement unable to see me kids and grand kids. I believe this is why he & my mom jumped at the chance to come to my house yesterday for a bbq, first time since all this bs started that we’ve all been together. They were as happy as clams.

I agree it oughta be up to the individual to do whatever he or she wants. Now if my dad was in a nursing home I can see how that would be different, I think they’d be justified in not allowing him to just wander in & out at will, & if he insisted on leaving they’d be right in not allowing him to return. But if you live on your own & you’re willing to take the risk, fuck it, it’s your life.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Exactly, and that’s my dad’s sentiments. If he had it his way nothing would’ve ever shut down to begin with & he’s perfectly fine taking the risk, it’s been me up his ass to stay home. He hasn’t said as much but I’m pretty sure from his vantage point he’s like fuck it, at 83 I’ve already outlived my life expectancy & I’m already the age when all the men in my family die anyway so the writing is on the wall… I don’t want to spend whatever years, months or maybe even days I have left locked in my basement unable to see me kids and grand kids. I believe this is why he & my mom jumped at the chance to come to my house yesterday for a bbq, first time since all this bs started that we’ve all been together. They were as happy as clams.

I agree it oughta be up to the individual to do whatever he or she wants. Now if my dad was in a nursing home I can see how that would be different, I think they’d be justified in not allowing him to just wander in & out at will, & if he insisted on leaving they’d be right in not allowing him to return. But if you live on your own & you’re willing to take the risk, fuck it, it’s your life.
Yep. If you're that old, chances are you've already lived quite a life, and if you died at 83, that would be considered an old age to die at anyways. Staying in the house for 2 weeks is different than locking yourself away until next year. People eventually go crazy and want to get back to normal, which is what we're seeing.

For the government to think that they could convince people to stay-at-home for longer than a month was ridiculous anyways. In addition, most people seem to be misunderstanding that the stuff they have been putting forth are "guidelines", not laws.

It should indeed be up to the individual, which is what we've been saying all along. If you want to isolate yourself for a year and wait until Bill Gates cooks up whatever bullshit he's working on, be my guest. But to tell the rest of us to just pause life for an indefinite amount of time, you can go right ahead and fuck yourself.

And who knows anyways. That guy here in Oregon who got it (and beat it) is a 104 year old WWII veteran.

The mortality rates obviously go up with age, but at the same time, who knows for sure!

OP
W

WallyWest

TJ Enthusiast
Today comrade Wolf responded by stating that any "non-compliant" county would not receive any federal or state stimulus funds, and that businesses opening in those counties could be fined, forceably shut down, and have their business and liquor licenses (in the case of restaurants) revoked.

It's time for pitchforks and torches IMO.

Reactions: Rubi04 and Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Today comrade Wolf responded by stating that any "non-compliant" county would not receive any federal or state stimulus funds, and that businesses opening in those counties could be fined, forceably shut down, and have their business and liquor licenses (in the case of restaurants) revoked.

It's time for pitchforks and torches IMO.
Notice how he said “could be”. Even he’s not stupid enough to realize that a lot of small town cops won’t enforce his agenda.

OP
W

WallyWest

TJ Enthusiast
Notice how he said “could be”. Even he’s not stupid enough to realize that a lot of small town cops won’t enforce his agenda.
Yeah, local cops are not having any of this.

But the department of agriculture, that controls food service inspections and licensing, is under his direct control. And for whatever reason in PA there is a big divide between local and state cops. The state troopers generally have a chip on their shoulder and L-O-V-E throwing their authority around. They will be happy to enforce this nonsense, just for the fun of slapping cuffs on anyone that gets in their way.

We'll see how far he wants to take this. I don't think Lancaster was giving the full green light to food service anyway, from what I read they still would be delivery or drive through. They were just going to allow other non-essential stores to open under the same guidelines everyone else is using.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, local cops are not having any of this.

But the department of agriculture, that controls food service inspections and licensing, is under his direct control. And for whatever reason in PA there is a big divide between local and state cops. The state troopers generally have a chip on their shoulder and L-O-V-E throwing their authority around. They will be happy to enforce this nonsense, just for the fun of slapping cuffs on anyone that gets in their way.

We'll see how far he wants to take this. I don't think Lancaster was giving the full green light to food service anyway, from what I read they still would be delivery or drive through. They were just going to allow other non-essential stores to open under the same guidelines everyone else is using.
State cops are the same here as well. The biggest assholes of the bunch, giving cops in general a bad name. Local cops are generally much more laid back.

I wonder if these governors are receiving a lot of death threats? I would sure think so.

Rubi04

“Clackers”
Supporting Member
State cops are the same here as well. The biggest assholes of the bunch, giving cops in general a bad name. Local cops are generally much more laid back.

I wonder if these governors are receiving a lot of death threats? I would sure think so.
Yep, and the troopers for the most part think they are above all. You can even it see it at the academy. They run it like the Marine Corps and pump up their egos to match.

Chris, one can only hope that is the case.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Yep, and the troopers for the most part think they are above all. You can even it see it at the academy. They run it like the Marine Corps and pump up their egos to match.

Chris, one can only hope that is the case.
Yep, I am not the type who ever has run-ins with the law, but from my younger days (when I did), I remember the state troopers were always such dickheads.

I'm so sick of these governors. I'm rooting for Tesla and Elon Musk since he's probably the biggest company who is standing up against these wannabe dictators.

Rubi04

“Clackers”
Supporting Member
Yep, I am not the type who ever has run-ins with the law, but from my younger days (when I did), I remember the state troopers were always such dickheads.

I'm so sick of these governors. I'm rooting for Tesla and Elon Musk since he's probably the biggest company who is standing up against these wannabe dictators.
Yep, I know a lot of troopers and can honestly say, I don’t care for any of them.

Yep, been nice reading his tweets and his fuck off stance in this.

I don’t care much for his cars but it sure makes me want one to support the man!