LCoG and long arm lifts

it could go into an honest and informative discussion about suspension design free from some ridiculous assertion that we're not allowed to discuss anything but TJs. But...

View attachment 374537

I’m pretty sure we are in TJ general discussion, are we not?

Plenty of places to go on the internet to discuss all kinds of suspensions. Since this is a specific TJ forum, I would say that is what we are here to discuss.

To compare a bomber car to a TJ is just dumb, I don’t have a better word for it.

Just because something works on one vehicle doesn’t mean it will work on another. This seems pretty obvious…

Something about apples and oranges?

What I want someone to say is what about that distinction makes it so the frame height in relation to the belly and UCA mounts is such a make or break characteristic that is somehow perfectly accepted and nearly universal with one, but dismissed as invalid and preposterous with the other.
I don't know the answer to this but would ask is it dismissed completely or is it a trade off for other reasons?

If the goal is flat links then raising the belly isn't going to be easy.

Even the Bronco in that picture is running portals for a reason which I assume is to get things up and out of the rocks.

They look like they'd be really good at this

This is roughly his "I'm not in a hurry" prerun speed on a trail. There is lots of video of Randy at speed and the only thing that ever keeps him off of the podium are parts not holding up. The thing that is a bit confusing to those that don't know is at the beginning of the video he is going around the obstacle on a line that most can't even begin to take. So while he looks like it struggles, most would just diff out and be on the cable right there.

Reactions: Apparition
some of us are interested in offroad suspension in general, knowledge that translates outside of that specific to the TJ, and would like to see some of these ideas discussed instead of just shouted down because it's not a Jeep.

If we really need to keep it TJ related, then I suggest specifics of why a certain philosophy that works in a buggy doesn't work in a TJ.

Then find an offroad suspension forum and start pestering them. Try Race Dezert or similar. The rest of your answer is platform constraints.

fuck off. you're adding nothing to this thread and there are at least a few posters here that would like to see where it goes without your smug bullshit.

Where it goes is the hypocrisy of even beginning to entertain any discussion with someone who has already been banned. Every single forum I have ever been on that constitutes a zero tolerance ban instantly as soon as the reality of the who is verified.

some of us are interested in offroad suspension in general, knowledge that translates outside of that specific to the TJ, and would like to see some of these ideas discussed instead of just shouted down because it's not a Jeep.

If we really need to keep it TJ related, then I suggest specifics of why a certain philosophy that works in a buggy doesn't work in a TJ.

I'd suggest trying to keep it TJ related when it's in the TJ General Discussion forum. I think a suspension discussion thread in the Off-Topic section might be a good idea for the discussion of off-road suspension outside the realm of a TJ.

Just a suggestion.

I'd suggest trying to keep it TJ related when it's in the TJ General Discussion forum. I think a suspension discussion thread in the Off-Topic section might be a good idea for the discussion of off-road suspension outside the realm of a TJ.

Just a suggestion.

dork and blender can be the moderators

• Haha
Reactions: psrivats and Chris
it could go into an honest and informative discussion about suspension design free from some ridiculous assertion that we're not allowed to discuss anything but TJs. But...

View attachment 374537

It could but it doesn't because as soon as it starts with "you need to build TJ suspension like a buggy" then it is fucked, not a little fucked, not partially fucked, wholly fucked. You can't translate something that you can build around a suspension design to something you have to design suspension around and that is where everyone loses it.

Reactions: JMT, Ocho and Chris