Leak coming from top front side of TJ

wranglertjoz

Would love some help on this one.

Might be amateur question thought can anybody help me determine how I can fix this leak and where exactly is it coming from?

My Jeep is a 99, Manual, 2 door, 4L, 6cyl

159D0125-B4BC-4032-A326-78A32F1E6BF7.jpeg

94C10745-1EB7-4D0A-9C8C-DDD65B242D80.jpeg

9A7F47A3-F2B2-4F51-B4F5-61C92A3B7792.jpeg

87B4DC03-0910-426E-BFA7-CD9850C8065F.jpeg

That looks to be dripping out of the "bracket" that holds the power steering box in place. If you don't have any sign of liquid getting in there from above it's probably power steering fluid.

It's kinda hard to tell what color it is in those pictures (reddish maybe?) but I'd get some on my finger and see if it's the same color as whatever is in your power steering after sticking my other finger in there while checking to make see if it's still full.

Using your fingers may not be an acceptable way to do this these days but I'm 53 yrs old and still kicking. Whatever you do, don't use your tongue to check the flavor.

Looks like that to me too. When you post pics try and send at least 1 from a bit farther away to provide some context of the area. Every time I turn my phone to look at it the picture flips. Try and start with a pic having the bottom of the pic using the bottom of the screen. ( if that makes sense)
Welcome to the forum! Too.
Can you follow upwards the fluid trail? Try and get a good look at the steering box that's above that small skid plate. There should be 2 hydraulic lines that go into the top of the box. See if they are dry. Look from below where the big 'bolt' sticks out and connects to the linkage. Any oil there? Check your power steering reservoir. How dirty is the fluid? Is it low? The dipstick has two levels. One for hot and one for cold.
Hope this helps find the cause of the leak's location.

I would suspect that it’s just water, maybe even rusty water. Dab it with a white paper towel.
Because the small seep around the sector shaft seal doesn’t climb up the side of the box.