Leaky TJ

txbemis69

was last seen escaping the asylum
Supporting Member
jeep (2006 tj)is leaking bad mostly on drivers side where windshield and hardtop meet when it’s parked out in the rain. so far i’ve replaced both door seals with mopar seals and new crown windshield header seal and cowl/windshield seal. couldn’t find these two in mopar. rain water is coming in at the top front of drivers door where windshield and top meet. drivers window and door panel look like a waterfall when raining hard. any ideas on a fix.

How does the gap at the windshield and door frame look? It may just need the windshield angle to be adjusted.

door gaps look even all the way around. it didn’t leak this bad before replacing drivers door seal about a month and a half ago. old seal was compressed from top hinge to top of door and was leaking some. new door seal made it worse for sure. door pinches seal on rear of door a little. passenger door did the same when i put it on but rarely pinches now that it’s been on for a while. aftermarket door seals were a bust and oem mopar are hard to come by.

You could always just pull the carpet, drain-plugs and doors full time... :ROFLMAO:

I'd look at seeing if you can lay the windshield back just a touch and see if that helps. could also try tweaking the top front corner of the window frames in just a little... but that involves trying to safely bend the frame in...

Reactions: Blondie70