Leather Steering Wheel Cover

Post some photos after you're done. I'm curious to see how it will look!

Here is the new steering cover installed. If I was a better seamstress, it would have come out better. Love the feel of leather and it is a tight fit.
IMG_3169.JPG
IMG_3168.JPG
IMG_3167.JPG
IMG_3166.JPG

Nice job! I need to do the same but don't think I have the patience to do it good. I'm pretty anal about that type stuff and it looks like it would frustrate the heck out of me! I do like your dash tray - which one is that?

Aside from the relatively open seams in some places, I like it!

I love lace-on leather steering wheel covers, I've had them on a half-dozen vehicles. They can normally stretch enough so open seams around the spokes can be avoided. I would like one on my present TJ, they really feel good. Be wary, some are actually vinyl which will make your hands sweat more.

I've needed one of these for a while because of the added thickness and grip it adds to the wheel - it's to the point where my hands crap out if I drive too long with the OE wheel. I like the look of it, and the fact that it's sewn on for stability etc... Those slip on crappy covers are just awful, which is why I hadn't yet gotten one - just didn't remember about/hadn't come across these again.

Think I might be making another Jeep purchase this weekend!

After driving my wife's JK I started to miss the feel of the steering wheel vs our TJs. Yes, the 10 year old in me is doing my best not to say I like the feel of a thicker steering wheel. :b1:

Here are the the wheelskin cover in my LJ. I love the quality of their stuff.

IMG_0281.JPG

Reactions: Chris
Nice job! I need to do the same but don't think I have the patience to do it good. I'm pretty anal about that type stuff and it looks like it would frustrate the heck out of me! I do like your dash tray - which one is that?
I got the dash tray from Quadratec. The brand is Daystar

Reactions: CRGR
Tim - That looks great. I had a '90 XJ with a factory leather covered wheel and I really liked it. I think they were in TJ's too but were discontinued when air bags were mandated. I'm going t add this to my to do list.

Reactions: Chris
Looks cool I guess but I would prefer this... :D:meparto:
View attachment 9070
I know you're kidding but every time I see a wheel with spokes like that I shudder. The chain is a whole other thing (lol).

I used to build and race off road cars. One of the guys I raced with got air borne and when he landed he grabbed his wheel and got 3 fingers caught in the holes in the spokes. Two fingers were dislocated and he was badly cut. The paramedics had someone remove the wheel so they could get him out of the car and take him (and the wheel!) to the hospital. The race organizers directed us to immediately tape the spokes on our wheels ... and nobody complained.