Leatherman tool

My Grandpa has had the Wave forever - long enough to widdle the knife blade down to a sliver of what it once was.

Which prompted me to get my own Wave!
f8e7abafa932ffdc51bef42eacfd7ee1.jpg

Nice. I love my Wave and have the accessory bits to go with it. Great general purpose tool. Oh, and I think Leatherman will ship you a new blade if you ask them. They're (were?) pretty good about that sort of thing.

Reactions: Kyle_W
I have been carrying a Leatherman for many years - they replaced the Swiss Army knives that I carried for years before that!
My current tool is the Leatherman Surge.

Don't Leave Home Without It!

Nice. I love my Wave and have the accessory bits to go with it. Great general purpose tool. Oh, and I think Leatherman will ship you a new blade if you ask them. They're (were?) pretty good about that sort of thing.

I called them and asked them about their warranty, and they told me that as long as the Leatherman name is on it, they'll fix it! You just gotta pay shipping to there.

Reactions: StG58
Oh boy, I have a few MT's...

Leatherman:
  • 2x PST's
  • Minitool
  • Supertool 300
  • Charge TTi
  • MUT
  • Style CS
  • Blast
  • Skeletool
  • Squirt
I also have a Victorinox SwissTool, and a Gerber MP600. Then there's my Swiss Army Knives, various folding, and fixed blade knives. :)
Quite a collection.

Time for an intervention. ;)

I have one that my dad bought me years and years ago. I dont wear it everyday, but its strapped to the belt when I am out wheeling or when I am in the field working. In fact, I used the saw yesterday two free up two ac compressors I picked up at the junkyard yesterday

I've got the big 300 tool which I take on all long trips, an original one, and two wingman. I used to have a Leatherman Flair. Which came with a wine opener and pate knife. Sounds funny. But I got it from my brother. Who won it in a giveaway. My wife and I took it with us everywhere we travelled. As she drinks wine. And then I got it confiscated by TSA. It's actually a collectors item. They go for $80 or more now. So I haven't replaced that one.

But I did get my two Wingmans for 20 bucks each used on ebay. Like new. I keep one in the Jeep glove box. Since I don't have my security trunk tool collection collected and put in place.

My other Leathermans are in my first aid kits. I like the Wingman as it has the biggest scissors. For first aid purposes I like it.

Reactions: Mocephus
As far as cutting tools are concerned, I like a fixed blade knife for defense. Leatherman/Geber/SOG/ Multitool for everything else.

I've even got a really small Leatherman style on my keychain. I've never regretted having a multi-tool close to hand.

20191010_153049.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I typically carry a Wave with me, it’s exceptionally versatile - granted a little heavy. For a while I had the skeletool version from leatherman, but it didn’t have enough stuff on it to make it a go-to (not to mention the giant wasted space of the hanging clip).

I’ve had the same Leatherman tool for over 20 years now, I usually keep it in my jeep but since I just moved back from 3 years in Madrid Spain it is currently in my shipments on the way back to the US. I’ve already reached for it a couple times out wheelin lol

At one of the heat treat shops I used to work at we used to heat treat various parts of them, usually the nut/bolt’s, knife blades, sometimes plier parts , but mostly the handles, thousands of handles at a time, it sucked having to set up the handles in baskets. It would take a 2-4 hours of prep before we treated them.
They also would not send all the parts to the same shop for heat treat, they were afraid we would make our own sets.