Leaving Californy with a banjo on my knee

but the wife said she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life living 3000 miles away from the daughter and grandkids. Some things a guy has to roll with.
She's smart, you're smart. I hope you have a great trip and find a nice spot. I run though Oxnard when I head to the 33 and always keep an eye out for your Jeep, guess I'll have to look when I'm out in VA from now on.

Huh, So that's why the Republican voters left in this Commie state are only 42% of the pupulation.
Huh, So that's why the Republican voters left in this Commie state are only 42% of the pupulation?
It is not about Republican voters leaving, it is about the new voters that have immigrated to California and vote Democrat because they believe the dems will hand out free lunches to everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: reddvltj
Let's see a pic of the RV/Jeep rig that your driving across the country.

20200918_090144.jpg

Escrow closed yesterday. In 28 days, we'll be homeless and starting our (slow) RV trek east. The only date that we're committed to is reservations at an RV park in West Yellowstone on Sept. 20th. Other than that, we're just going to go with the flow and adjust out itinerary as we see fit as we head east.

I made a similar move in 2013. San Francisco to San Antonio to visit the kids for a couple of weeks and then to Alexandria VA. Didn't own a TJ at the time, but towed my Mini flat and used a motorcycle carrier for the Ninja. Been in Virginia since and mostly love the area. Four seasons, lots to do and met my amazing wife here. Pic of my rig at an RV park in Pacifica:

DTOnwJrh.jpg

I am getting closer to retirement and wife and I picked out rural PA and on a lake for our now vacation home and soon to be forever home. As seen from my back porch:

K4nE4s3h.jpg

Best of luck with the move and retirement! Can't wait to be there as well.

I made a similar move in 2013. San Francisco to San Antonio to visit the kids for a couple of weeks and then to Alexandria VA. Didn't own a TJ at the time, but towed my Mini flat and used a motorcycle carrier for the Ninja. Been in Virginia since and mostly love the area. Four seasons, lots to do and met my amazing wife here. Pic of my rig at an RV park in Pacifica:

View attachment 352089

I am getting closer to retirement and wife and I picked out rural PA and on a lake for our now vacation home and soon to be forever home. As seen from my back porch:

View attachment 352090

Best of luck with the move and retirement! Can't wait to be there as well.

Thanks! Beautiful place in PA. That's a view one could wake up to every morning and never get tired of.