LED flasher for headlight/tail light

Triphammer

Ugg...Okay I've read a bunch of posts on upgrading LED tail lights and headlights on how to solve the hyperflash. I did not put LED in my turn or sidelamps. When I went to change the Flasher relay to an LED flasher relay, after plugging it in-the left turn signal lights would flash and when I tried to turn the right signals both turn signals went off like i pushed the hazards. I then tried to turn on the hazard flashers and there was a buzzing at the relay then no turn signals. The headlights and tailights would come and the side lights but they would not flash left or right or hazard. I tried putting the original relay back but no turn signals or hazards. I replaced the turn signal fuse and nothing happened. I read Jerry Bransfords post about stu's write up about Gold Coast Distributing LED flasher for 2001-2006;s (i have a 2005 LJ). Does this sound like a bad relay? I can get OEM one at the auto parts store and let it hyperflash until I can get the Gold Coast flasher delivered or could something else be wrong? Could the multiswitch be fried? How do I tell. Thanks for any responses to a common problem which seems to have different solutions for what I've read.

Ok--I put in the Novita LM470 flasher relay and still no turn signal or hazards--all of the lights come on, but no signals, not even hyperflash. Could I have fried something else? Did the buzzing sound fry the multiswitch? I've replaced the fuses, I did not put in LED turn signals or side markers, just headlights and brake lights.

Did you use LED retrofits in the stock housing? Or used a replacement housing like the Quadratec or Savvy? Have you tried inserting the bulbs 180 degrees from their current orientation? Have you tried putting the incandescent bulbs back in to see if the LEDs are the current problem?

Do all of the parking lights work, including the low brightness on the taillights? Do the brake lights come on when the brake pedal is depressed? Are the front turn signals and sidemarkers still functional?

The headlights shouldn't be related to the issue.
I know when I did mine I accidentally blew a fuse by shorting out the wires.
The LM470 is the correct flasher relay for your vehicle.

Thanks--I'll be able to give most of those a try this weekend. All of the lights still come on just no flashing after the replacement relay made a buzzing sound, put original back in and still no flashing. Thats when i replaced fuses. Thought I might have fried the multiswitch connection/or the switch itself. Thanks again.

Thanks--I'll be able to give most of those a try this weekend. All of the lights still come on just no flashing after the replacement relay made a buzzing sound, put original back in and still no flashing. Thats when i replaced fuses. Thought I might have fried the multiswitch connection/or the switch itself. Thanks again.
Update-—--I replaced the multiswitch along with the flasher relay to an LED Novita LM470 and that fixed the issue. I think the hazard button was bad. My front/rear headlights are LED and the side/marker lights are incandescent. Thanks for any responses.

Reactions: Steel City 06