Ken97

IMG_0843.JPG
Hey everybody, I'm looking to replace the stock fog lights on my 03 sport with leds and want to get some insight from the community. I'm looking for ones that look similar to the stock fog lights and that I can hopefully just splice to the stock wiring and switch. Any recommendations? (The main reason for the upgrade is because my passenger side fog stopped working). I'm not looking to spend a ton and I'all break out the silicone if needed. THANKS!

(and yes, I know I have a light bar but it's not street legal. The main reason I have it is because the total investment, wiring,mounts, and all ran me about $35 from a buddy and I love it for the logging roads and trails we explore during the summer)

Just Amazon LED fog lights there are endless options out there.
Have you considered a set of LED headlights instead? The upgrade is night and day!

Reactions: JP98
Have you considered a set of LED headlights instead? The upgrade is night and day!

X2 to this.

The reason I ultimately never went with an LED light bar or LED fog lights was because after I got my Truck Lite LED headlights, I was blown away by how bright they are. They're so insanely bright you would NEVER (I can't stress that enough) need an LED light bar or LED fog lights.

I would invest the money in LED headlights personally. Speaking of which, this is a great thread on all the different options for headlight upgrades for our TJs: Jeep Wrangler TJ Headlight Upgrade Options

X2 to this.

The reason I ultimately never went with an LED light bar or LED fog lights was because after I got my Truck Lite LED headlights, I was blown away by how bright they are. They're so insanely bright you would NEVER (I can't stress that enough) need an LED light bar or LED fog lights.

I would invest the money in LED headlights personally. Speaking of which, this is a great thread on all the different options for headlight upgrades for our TJs: Jeep Wrangler TJ Headlight Upgrade Options

Thanks for all the tips; I'd love to upgrade my headlights (and I plan to) but we get harsh winters here so I'd need something with a heater to melt the snow. Also, how do LED headlights perform in poor visibility weather?

Thanks for all the tips; I'd love to upgrade my headlights (and I plan to) but we get harsh winters here so I'd need something with a heater to melt the snow. Also, how do LED headlights perform in poor visibility weather?

Well, I live in Oregon and I can tell you that it rains (I mean POURS) here about 9 months out of the year. I've been using my Truck Lite LED headlights for years now without a single issue in rain, snow and just about everything else. No issues whatsoever!

I've also had them in temperatures around 0 degrees, and they perform just fine. They do however make a heated version for those guys who want a heated lens.

Check them out:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZBB1MGE/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: StG58 and MikeM
I've got these Westin lights on mine, and they light up the WORLD. They blow my LED headlights on high out of the water. I haven't done a side by side, but I'm pretty sure they're brighter and cast farther than the 20" douchebar mounted in my exploder front bumper.

lights.jpg

And they can take a hit. Notice the driver one bent sideways, as well as the scuffs on the bumper and my bent fender. I nailed the PISS out of a rock (jarred my teeth) and all it did was spin the light a little....didn't break the glass

top2.JPG

20170121_141527.jpg

Reactions: CB-TJ99
I've got these Westin lights on mine, and they light up the WORLD. They blow my LED headlights on high out of the water. I haven't done a side by side, but I'm pretty sure they're brighter and cast farther than the 20" douchebar mounted in my exploder front bumper.

View attachment 11444

And they can take a hit. Notice the driver one bent sideways, as well as the scuffs on the bumper and my bent fender. I nailed the PISS out of a rock (jarred my teeth) and all it did was spin the light a little....didn't break the glass

View attachment 11443

You've got LED headlights? Those look like halogen to me... No?

No I have the KC daylighter glass housing with a Gen 5 LED bulb kit for retro applications (could not tell you the name, but the next time I'm in there I'll pop them out for a picture). My lighting rep had me try them to see if it's something I liked. Absolutely love them. Casts a flat line beam that doesn't flood obnoxiously. I can aim them just fine and I never get anyone flashing me. It comes with a remote transformer that I had to stick to the fenders. I have Gen 3 led's in the truck in Harley edition housings, and it douche-leaks everywhere like those kids with the "stanced" hondas put in their headlights. I hate those. I've done everything I can to aim those almost straight down. Waiting on another pair of Gen 5's for it, but I rarely ever drive it at night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Cut/splice some Amazon specials on there for cheap. If you're not ready for LED headlights, pick up some Hella E-code housings and a good set of Phillips extreme vision H4 bulbs. Major improvement over stock candles.

View attachment 11444

View attachment 11443
Troy, what turn signal and marker lights are you running? Those look great! Also, can I splice those Westin lights straight into the existing OEM fog light wiring? Similar question, I have a pair of windshield mounted, halogen, KC highlights with a spot beam. Can I use KC’s wiring harness and switch and splice those Westin’s straight in? Thanks!

Reactions: Chris
I had those Amazon cheap leds on my JKU (4 of them), the casing paint flakes off real quick, the lenses turned yellow and water got in them in less than 3 months. They still worked but the pattern was scattered to the point of being useless, in rain, snow or fog....just too spread out to be useful. The only thing they worked for is when I wanted to light up the top of the driveway at night for my kids to play basketball on.

View attachment 11444

View attachment 11443

What turn signals are those?

Are you looking for ACTUAL fog lights, or something else. The only LED fog lights I've seen are from Rugged Ridge. LEDs are generally considered too bright for fog use. The rest are Work Spot Pencil lights. If that's what you want, the selection is nearly endless. they are nearly useless, too.
Do more research, and find out what you really need. Replacement fog lights are available from most of the online catalog outfits.

Personally, I don't like LEDs. I tried them on my Jeep, but found them to be too white. It was like having the brightness up to high on the T.V. I replaced mine with Halogen driving lights.
The rectangular lights you see on my Jeep are Hella 550 fog lights. I have them angled out at about 15 degrees to act as cornering lights.

Reactions: JR Arnott