LED headlight conundrum

FergieRay

Hey guys here’s the thing. I recently got so LED headlights and I must say they are a huge improvement over stock. Have a nice blue glow that lights up the road very nicely...that’s all well in good. What’s got me messed up though is I’m trying to build a real classy/classic looking Jeep. And the LED housings with the domed over look I think kind of detracts from that the more I look at them and think about it.
The factory headlights as you all know are a sealed component so I can’t just swap out the bulbs and put the factory housings back it. So my question is, is there a product out there that will let me run a Classic/stock looking housing but have improved lighting capability over stock. Doesn’t need to be as great as the ones I just got but just nicer. I rarely drive at night but it would be nice to have better lighting at night when I do but that old school classic look during the day. Help please. 2003 Sahara FYI. Pics below for clicks...

04016771-BD8C-4E8E-8BE2-81A0006B2724.jpeg

FD493215-7169-455C-B462-78BACFC182AB.jpeg

3407C187-2694-4B07-B764-D51B98FD6EF9.jpeg

You picked the wrong LED headlights, that's all.

Look at the LED headlights on mine:

Definitely much more of a factory look.

Reactions: Fixer6
  • Wow
Reactions: Airjunky
If you want the classic headlight look and aren't limiting yourself to LED's, a good option is a pair of Hella 7" E-code headlight housings with H4 halogen bulbs.

71yGKFFQ7wL._SL1500_.jpg

These: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G72SKQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

In addition to the standard 60/55w H4 bulb there are higher wattage options. However, many of us use and recommend the Philips X-treme Vision +130% H4 which is stock wattage but a slightly higher color temperature thus appears brighter.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NMEEV9W/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: bobthetj03
So my question is, is there a product out there that will let me run a Classic/stock looking housing but have improved lighting capability over stock.

Cibie e-code housings and some quality Osram or Philips 60/55w H4 bulbs. Both available on Amazon.

Save some pennies and go with Sylvania Silver Star Ultras, halogen replacements. While not LED's they are good, bright head lights that meet your "classic look" criteria, and don't cost a lot of $$$.