LED headlight troubleshooting

TJintheTJ

How many beers will this mod take?
Supporting Member
When I picked up my TJ it already had a pair of no name LED headlights on it. I finally bought a new pair of Axial headlights w/ DRL halos/turn signals. When I went to do the install they didn't function at all. I tried it 3 different ways: plugging the new light into the old EMC, plugging in the new EMC and the new light, and plugging the light in directly w/o an EMC. None of these way work. However, when i plug the old light back in, it works no problem. Is there any other way to troubleshoot this? are there any ways to test the light directly?

So the old lights worked fine but the new ones don’t?

Also, what does EMC mean?

So the old lights worked fine but the new ones don’t?

Also, what does EMC mean?

Basically, when I plug in thenew set nothing happens. I haven't booked up the other harness that came with our, but I waa inner the impression that harness waa strictly for the halos.

It's labeled as EMC. It's supposedly the anti flicker harness. I tried hooking up the new lights with the new harness, the old harness, and no harness. No luck tho.

I thought the antiflicker harness was for CAN bus vehicles, like the JK. I have the Chinesium JW speaker ripoffs with halos and it works just fine without any filter.

I wired the halos into the parking lights, I don't use them as DRL's. And I'm thinking this summer I'm going to ditch the lights altogether and get the Chinesium Trucklite ripoffs for a more traditional look.

I thought the antiflicker harness was for CAN bus vehicles, like the JK. I have the Chinesium JW speaker ripoffs with halos and it works just fine without any filter.

I wired the halos into the parking lights, I don't use them as DRL's. And I'm thinking this summer I'm going to ditch the lights altogether and get the Chinesium Trucklite ripoffs for a more traditional look.

It is.

There is no reason whatsoever to have a anti-flicker harness (or CAN-BUS) harness for a TJ, none.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low