schabj3

Can anyone help me with which wires go to which? Diagram and color coding attached.

B34B7F25-9E3F-4971-98E5-F84A39792021.jpeg

im a bit confused what is being asked here. assuming you are removing the factory tail lights and wiring in something different which has different wire colors and quantity? im not trying to be rude by any means but im just not following what I am seeing here. I may not be the one to help you but what im seeing isnt making any sense to me, other than the original diagram. guess im not following all the coloring added to the bottom of the diagram.

Last edited:
Removing factory tail light housings with factory halogen bulbs and replacing with led lights. The rugged ridge aren’t plug and play so I had to snip the connector. When snipping, you are left with four wires on the left and three on the right.

There’s no instructions on how to match what wires from the new led bulbs to the factory wiring.

In the end I figured it out.

Green/white matches to green from led.
Yellow/white matches to black from led.
On the left side, green/red matches to red from led.
On the right side, brown/red matches to red from led.

The left fourth wire (brown/red) is capped and unused.

These weren’t working when I first tested but as another user pointed out, the housing has to be fully connected and screwed back to the Jeep so that the ground connection is made. This was my problem.

In the end, all worked out. Just took me forever.

Reactions: CreepinDeth
I bought some taillight covers for mine once and the new screws had rubber washers when i put them back on the lights didn't work. Took me a while to figure out the washers weren't allowing the lights to ground.

Removing factory tail light housings with factory halogen bulbs and replacing with led lights. The rugged ridge aren’t plug and play so I had to snip the connector. When snipping, you are left with four wires on the left and three on the right.

There’s no instructions on how to match what wires from the new led bulbs to the factory wiring.

In the end I figured it out.

Green/white matches to green from led.
Yellow/white matches to black from led.
On the left side, green/red matches to red from led.
On the right side, brown/red matches to red from led.

The left fourth wire (brown/red) is capped and unused.

These weren’t working when I first tested but as another user pointed out, the housing has to be fully connected and screwed back to the Jeep so that the ground connection is made. This was my problem.

In the end, all worked out. Just took me forever.

I’m working on this issue now. I have a 1999 TJ and my wiring is flipped. Your diagram says brown is separate signal/brake. Is it possible that the brown wire needs to be spliced with the other brake/turn signal to work? Right now, both signals are flashing when I try to use either. Thanks in advance.

You know the wiring diagrams are in the Factory service manual in the resources section?

-Mac

Thanks for that. So the extra wire isn’t used.
When either turn signal is prompting both turn signals blink at the same time and third break will also flash. If I have brake pressed with signal on, just breaks are on.
Replaced turn signal blinker and added the LED flasher relay.

Not sure what else I can do.