LED Tail Lights

Can't ask for too much more than that really, I think its a reasonable price for a kit like that. It could be a little bit lower though.

Last edited:
I have a problem with Quadratec and their absolutely horrible customer service, that’s about it.

For what it's worth though, I bought the same set of taillights from Amazon here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072KMRWFN/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Then I purchased the LED flasher relay separately:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KQUZHRA/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Came out to be about $82 give or take. The only thing different from my purchase versus the Quadratec kit is that it doesn't come with a plug-and-play wiring harness.

However, you'd have to be stupid not to know how to do wiring this simple. There's literally three wires per light, and they're all color coded. You just match the colors together and that's it. I just went to the electronic store, got some factory style connectors, and boom! Saved myself probably $50 or so.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Quadratec LED Tail lights? I don't necessarily like buying from them but their LED's are plug and play and have the side marker lights and license plate lights built in. They also supply the relay for proper operation at a cost of $139.00(free ship).
https://www.quadratec.com/products/55213_0116.htm

I do have the same exact set.
I gave it a 10. No questions ask.
They are supper bright!!!
Super easy to install.
All the Quadratec description are correct and accurate. Relay number is different than the one recommended for LED lights conversion but end up to be the correct one. I have full LED conversion on mine and end up using the Quadratec one.
Note**
The lights has the Quadratec logo on the lens bottom part. you can saw it on the 6 picture. This was a downside for me.

Only closer OEM LED light conversion I do find during my search was is to just replace the lens with the LED conversion but is $20 more.

Edit *** Quadratect is not the more jeepers friendly (is way overpriced on my opinion) store and it's customer Service is not near to some we want to deal.

I do add some pics.
Hope this help you!

IMG_5388.JPG

IMG_5389.JPG

IMG_5390.JPG

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_7465.JPG

IMG_7471.JPG

Last edited:
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Quadratec LED Tail lights? I don't necessarily like buying from them but their LED's are plug and play and have the side marker lights and license plate lights built in. They also supply the relay for proper operation at a cost of $139.00(free ship).
https://www.quadratec.com/products/55213_0116.htm
I got these from QT, they work perfectly (much brighter than the pathetic stock tail lights), the install went without a hitch, including the supplied relay. The upside to these vs. the Amazon set linked by Chris is, as you noted, these have the side marker lights, I don't believe the Amazon set does. They do cost more, to me it was worth it for plug and play. I hate 'creative wiring'. Whether mine say Quadratec or not, I never noticed, so it's no big deal -they're tail lights.

Somewhere I posted the before and after photos, I will see if I can find those.

Reactions: psrivats and 05pf13
I like my Savvy tail lights...while they don't have a license light (which didn't matter to me, since I had relocated the plate to the tailgate already), they do have side markers

they still have the Jeep styled lens, so they keep my TJ's retro styling (same reason I like my MC overlines a little better than the arched fenders)

but being only about an inch deep, they don't look like just a box screwed onto the back of the thing

I used connectors stolen from a trailer wiring harness to make the Savvy LED's plug and play (Savvy, for the price you charge for these things, this is the way the lights should come), so no alterations to my Jeeps factory wiring for the tail lights

I would love to do the LED taillight mod, but it's just not high on my priority list right now. I know what thread to revisit when I'm ready though.
I dig the look of the round lights but not sure how to make it look good without doing something like corner armor. And like yourself, other mods take priority.

The Savvy lights are cool but 240 bucks :eek:

well, they are anodized billet aluminum housings. so they just up the quality about ten fold over the plastic boxes

I like that they don't lose the look of the traditional jeep lights, I don't really care for the look of most LED tail lights for that reason

but I grew up driving 70's era CJ's, so that may have something to do with my tastes towards how Jeeps should look
SAV-BTLBlackKit.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
I just put the crystal clear lens kit on all my lights and used LED bulbs, with red ones in the rear using stock housings and red LED bulbs in the back. The only cost me $140 Plus about $20 for the bulbs and the new $12 relay without the burnt bulb option. So less than a hundred seventy-five bucks for all 6 fixtures and work great and bright. I have a full set of front side and rear lenses extra for sale I got for my wife's Jeep but we sold the Jeep. If anybody's interested I'll Make a Deal.
20141002_140539.jpg
20141105_062333.jpg
in
20141002_140539.jpg
20141002_140539.jpg
20141105_062333.jpg

I just put the crystal clear lens kit on all my lights and used LED bulbs, with red ones in the rear using stock housings and red LED bulbs in the back. The only cost me $140 Plus about $20 for the bulbs and the new $12 relay without the burnt bulb option. So less than a hundred seventy-five bucks for all 6 fixtures and work great and bright. I have a full set of front side and rear lenses extra for sale I got for my wife's Jeep but we sold the Jeep. If anybody's interested I'll Make a Deal.View attachment 22665 View attachment 22666 inView attachment 22665 View attachment 22665 View attachment 22666

I dig those a lot. Still available?

I like my Savvy tail lights...while they don't have a license light (which didn't matter to me, since I had relocated the plate to the tailgate already), they do have side markers

they still have the Jeep styled lens, so they keep my TJ's retro styling (same reason I like my MC overlines a little better than the arched fenders)

but being only about an inch deep, they don't look like just a box screwed onto the back of the thing

I used connectors stolen from a trailer wiring harness to make the Savvy LED's plug and play (Savvy, for the price you charge for these things, this is the way the lights should come), so no alterations to my Jeeps factory wiring for the tail lights
When I designed that tail light, I checked every place I could find including the LED supplier to source the factory plugs to make them plug and play. There were two things I discovered, one is that they will add them to the LED's, but at an exorbitant cost and minimum quantity, or I found them loose and had to order 10,000 of them to then be able to splice them on.

I even checked with the trailer t-harness suppliers and across the board, they all acted like I wanted to go into the T harness business and be a competitor. I had a quantity of 1000 lined up to purchase from Curt and at the last minute, they backed out and just starting hanging up on me when I called.

If you have a source, I'll be glad to try them.