LED turn signals not working

Gobucks43112

Hi everyone. Recently converted my 02 wrangler to LED’s. I’ve got LED taillights, headlights, parking lights and side marker lights. The parking lights and side marker were installed along with new tube fenders.

The factory wiring is 3 wire for the front facing factory lights and 2 wire for side marker lights. I bought corresponding 3 and 2 wire LED’s and wired them up. Work as they should and come on and off with the multi function switch on the steering wheel. I have tried an EP27 and LM470, neither are working. My blinker indicators on the dash now light up as if the bulbs are bad. I’m at a loss. Any help I’d appreciated

2CEEE4EE-69D3-4987-9E67-D55EADB7DD71.jpeg

Check out Page 13, post 244 -

"For the front turn signals you can use LED bulbs as long as you have an LED flasher relay. However, if you use LED bulbs in the side markers, it screws up everything. "

They talk about starting a post specifically for exterior lights, I'm not sure if that has happened yet.

I can't answer that. My Front Facing turn signals work fine. The Side Markers do not flash, they only come on solid with the running lights.

Just saw that!!! Thanks. If I just delete the side marker lights will that make everything work as they should?

I have an LM470 installed from when I put my LED tail lights it. I decided to try some LED’s in the forward facing turn signal lights, but left the side marker lights as regular incandescent bulbs. It didn’t work. Dash lights were messed up, interior turn signal arrows were on all the time and the turn signals in the fender didn’t work right.

I just put the incandescent bulbs back in the front and all worked as it should again. I didn’t want to try and rewire stuff to make it work.