Lesson learned installing SwayLOC

Thought I might get lucky and be able to use the AR bushings.. unlikely, I'm sure. Should run the AR for a season so I can feel the difference if/when I go to SL.

Thought I might get lucky and be able to use the AR bushings.. unlikely, I'm sure. Should run the AR for a season so I can feel the difference if/when I go to SL.
If you want to feel that difference you could just run with the SwayLoc disengaged and save the money.

Wanted to stick my nose in this topic to track the how-to.

Hard to know month to month if ORO is still in the game?

ORO has been around since at least 2002. There was an article in one of the 4WD magazines about the AiRock system that they offer for the TJ and was what got me interested in it. Funny thing about a the SwayLoc 15 years ago NO ONE liked it or wanted to run it and the Anti-Rock was the sizzle.

If you want to feel that difference you could just run with the SwayLoc disengaged and save the money.
So run the SwayLoc, that I don't have, disengaged, so I can feel the difference between an AntiRock and a SwayLoc?
I'm no good at riddles.

So run the SwayLoc, that I don't have, disengaged, so I can feel the difference between an AntiRock and a SwayLoc?
I'm no good at riddles.
I probably misread, I thought the SwayLoc was the plan and and you wanted to compare it to an AR you didn't have yet either.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
I probably misread, I thought the SwayLoc was the plan and and you wanted to compare it to an AR you didn't have yet either.
The AR was on the LJ when I bought it. Haven't yet been offroad or even on road much with it. Probably 50 miles of pavement total, including test drive. So might give it a shot before I jump up and spend big bucks. If I just go to SL I won't know the improvement over AR. S'all good, I mis-read ALL the time.

Reactions: rasband
The AR was on the LJ when I bought it. Haven't yet been offroad or even on road much with it. Probably 50 miles of pavement total, including test drive. So might give it a shot before I jump up and spend big bucks. If I just go to SL I won't know the improvement over AR. S'all good, I mis-read ALL the time.
What he meant to say is if you have a SL and want to know what it is like to drive with the AR, you have to switch from the street rate to the offroad rate since the only way you can disengage the SL is by disconnecting one of the links from the axle.

Reactions: NOTNSUV