Let's check out all the douchey grilles you can get for your JK

Oh gosh, I made a serious wrong turn here. I am truly concerned that I may not be able to unsee the two pages that I viewed. Oh my.... I fear what dreams - nighthorses - I may have from this.

Warning to others new to this thread:

Do not view. Immediately click on the Forums link at the upper left of this page. Then, go sit in your Jeep, breathe calmly, remember a drive or wheeling experience, and consider just how lucky you are. Do not seek to view the misfortunate choices of others.

You have been warned...

Reactions: Kyle_W and Kiwi TJ
I'll just put this here:
View attachment 18824

This one might take the cake so far...

Honestly, I like ALL Jeep Wranglers. However, I'm not sure what it is about these JKUs (and notice it's always the JKUs, not the JKs) that makes them such a magnet for hideous modifications.

I would say that 7 out of 10 JKUs I see are just piss ugly. I think that the addition of the two extra doors attracted the "tuner scene", and they started building these monstrosities.

Reactions: tman66
This one might take the cake so far...

Honestly, I like ALL Jeep Wranglers. However, I'm not sure what it is about these JKUs (and notice it's always the JKUs, not the JKs) that makes them such a magnet for hideous modifications.

I would say that 7 out of 10 JKUs I see are just piss ugly. I think that the addition of the two extra doors attracted the "tuner scene", and they started building these monstrosities.
I'm thinking it's some kind of "Hummer" syndrome, but they have more money left over to spend on appearance mods.

I guess it really happens in all hobbies. Passionate people going overboard.

Don't get me wrong, It's still no excuse for bad taste.

Reactions: Chris and Kiwi TJ
I just don't understand why people change some of the most iconic parts about the Jeep. I saw a JKU the other day that had replaced the slotted grille with a chain-male looking thing. Why? Part the allure a Jeep is because it is iconic, imo, so why mess with the grille?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this JK today... I wonder if he's thinking of adding anymore lights?

Honestly... What the hell is up with these JK owners, seriously?

@MikeM, @StG58, you guys own JKs that are tastefully modded. But why are there so many of them that are just over the top ugly?

20121368_10213634540078965_314916372604837636_o.jpg

@MikeM, @StG58, you guys own JKs that are tastefully modded. But why are there so many of them that are just over the top ugly?

View attachment 19206

Yea that's pretty bad...wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris

View attachment 19206
I will probably get whacked, but I like it. He obviously wanted a certain look, put some thought into it, and IMO he achieved it. Not for me, but I've seen a LOT worse.

Also, the snorkel and Warn Winch indicate he was concerned with more than cosmetics. Seriously equipped Mall Crawler? Show Jeep? Or Off-roader?

Garage might indicate he doesn't wrench or off-road, but has a lot of disposable income. (Judge not! [emoji12] )

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

View attachment 19206

It's part of the JK user manual on what to mod your JK with to look cool, cuz around here they all look the same, a$$ ugly.

Reactions: Kyle_W and Chris
I understand many people with jks or that buy jeeps put a bunch of lights on it for night at the beach and camping. I dont agree with it but I can make an excuse to see where they are coming from. These horrible grilles that ruin the jeep vibe? I dont get it.

I understand many people with jks or that buy jeeps put a bunch of lights on it for night at the beach and camping. I dont agree with it but I can make an excuse to see where they are coming from. These horrible grilles that ruin the jeep vibe? I dont get it.
I agree...example is Roll Royce, you know what it is because of the iconic grill, and you don't mess with it.....Jeep is exactly the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyle_W and Chris S

View attachment 19206
Dude the windshield cubes are stacked and pointing to the side of the vehicle, it would most definitely glare the front windshield.

Dude the windshield cubes are stacked and pointing to the side of the vehicle, it would most definitely glare the front windshield.

I imagine that the lower windshield mounted lights blind the driver from reflecting off the hood - I compared this with my own Jeep by shining my big halogen spotlight across my hood. I don't know how anyone could actually like a light that's mounted there. Such an irritating glare.

View attachment 19206
I have no idea what's going on here. Seriously, no clue. I'm still trying to figure out how to stuff the wife's JKU into the same places the TJ goes without killing it. Don't have time nor energy to waste on light cubes and angry eye grills. Let alone full-on Darth Vader front ends.

Reactions: CUT23 and Chris S
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.