Lets discuss new Core 4x4 Series packages

Don Bulee

TJ Enthusiast
Hello, did you already see that Core 4x4 changed their Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 series to a new concept? pretty much they eliminate the Tier 2 and now is like:

Tier 1 -> Cruise series (Built With 1.625″ OD 3/16″ Wall tubing)
Tier 2 -> eliminated
Tier 3 -> Camp series (Built With 1.75″ OD 5/16″ Wall DOM tubing)
Tier 4 -> Crawl series (Built With 1.75″ OD 5/16″ Wall DOM tubing)
I was just about to order some control arms from them, but it appears that now the Rubber bushings are no longer an option, what they are adding as a bonus is that they say that you will be able to order the cruise series (tier 1) and then upgrade the adjustable tip into a Johnny Joint (which they also sell for $66 each) their webpage mentions that the size of the adjustable end for the cruise is only 1 inch and the Camp series is a 1.25 inch diameter, but in the video that they share explaining the difference between the tiers they say all three tiers have the 1.25 inch treads.. but for 322/330 bucks the pair of control arms... is it still worth it? I knew Core 4x4 as one of the best bang for buck regarding control arms... but not sure if 330 for the pair of CA will still be the best option.. what's you opinion on the matter....

I wouldn’t buy single adjustable control arms as it is more of a hassle to dial in pinion angles. Better options are available in the same price range.

Reactions: MeanGreen86
You are saying rubber bushings aren't avaialble as an option anymore?

according to their video, they offer their new trims only with poly bushings... and in their webpage you had the option to select what kind of bushing you want... but not anymore...

I find it interesting that Core feel the need to go with 1.75" 5/16" wall DOM when Rock Jock think 1 1/4” x .188” wall DOM will do the job. Is Core over specified or are the Rock Jock arms not strong enought?

• Wow
Reactions: Don Bulee
Not being double adjustable would kill them for me given other options on the market. Especially given the price points...

1678141754871.png

Not being double adjustable would kill them for me given other options on the market. Especially given the price points...

View attachment 405379

the problem is that I only need the 4 lower control arms.... so I cant get a package or a kit... but each arm pair... and still see a lot of 500 dlls control arms which IMHO I think is too much for my weekend warrior.... I still think that core 4x4 tier 1 will be the best fit... but the Poly bushing is somethign that concerns me since @Jerry Bransford always mentions that poly bushings are a no-go for sure...

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
But.....Poly bushings suck. They squeak/groan/creak and don't flex worth a crap. They also tend to transmit a lot of vibration.
I thought that was the general consensus.

Johnny joints are poly so the squeaks and creaks and groans as well as the nvh concern would be the same.

Not flexing is a problem though, because there needs to be misalignment in all 3 planes and even having a JJ in the other end only gets you a second out of those. You get green either way, JJ in the other end gets you blue, but you're asking the poly to compress (and the mount to flex) to absorb the red, which is what you get when you flex out an axle with a track bar.

Screenshot_20230306-192611.png

Reactions: williambmac
Single adjustable arms are a non-starter for me, too. I had single adjustable arms, I thought, its not a big deal, I can take a bolt out when I need to adjust them. WRONG...Its a huge effing PITA. So much so that I bought 4 lower joints from RockJock and cut the welded ends off, threaded the tubes and installed the new ends I bought to make my formerly single adjustable Rock Jock lower arms double adjustable.

Single adjustable arms are a non-starter for me, too. I had single adjustable arms, I thought, its not a big deal, I can take a bolt out when I need to adjust them. WRONG...Its a huge effing PITA. So much so that I bought 4 lower joints from RockJock and cut the welded ends off, threaded the tubes and installed the new ends I bought to make my formerly single adjustable Rock Jock lower arms double adjustable.

I've so far tolerated my single adjustable lowers pretty well. Once I have those set I haven't had much occasion to touch them. Uppers though...I wouldn't even consider single adjustable for those. I haven't adjusted them one time that I didn't think "man, I'm glad these are double adjustable".