Lets discuss new Core 4x4 Series packages

Johnny joints are poly so the squeaks and creaks and groans as well as the nvh concern would be the same.

Not flexing is a problem though, because there needs to be misalignment in all 3 planes and even having a JJ in the other end only gets you a second out of those. You get green either way, JJ in the other end gets you blue, but you're asking the poly to compress (and the mount to flex) to absorb the red, which is what you get when you flex out an axle with a track bar.

View attachment 405423

The reason I was bringing this up is because the front lower arms on my recently purchased XJ have poly bushings on both ends. They are awful.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
The reason I was bringing this up is because the front lower arms on my recently purchased XJ have poly bushings on both ends. They are awful.

My second TJ had a set of those early Teraflex adjustable arms that didn't have jam nuts so they could spin on the threads to allow for the second (blue) axis I described above. However...the threads had worn out and somebody had welded them solid. I heard them creaking and groaning my first time out and stopped to get out and look at them while I was flexed out...what I saw them doing to their mounts made me go home and order new arms the same day.

At the upper price you're talking about, if they're available, the best bang for the buck is:

[URL]https://savvyoffroad.com/product/ce-9100sa/[/URL]

Anyone who wants anything from Savvy for their TJ may need to get in quick. No sign of TJ projects on the SavvyDesignz website and as far as I know no reply after a week and a half to @JMT's question about TJ products.

Reactions: Irun
Just to add some more interest to this topic. I wasn’t gonna go with core due to single adjustable arms. However I just got off the phone with Cameron there and he said it’s no problem to have them make all the arms double adjustable in the crawl package besides lower fronts. They are gonna make that for me.

Just to add some more interest to this topic. I wasn’t gonna go with core due to single adjustable arms. However I just got off the phone with Cameron there and he said it’s no problem to have them make all the arms double adjustable in the crawl package besides lower fronts. They are gonna make that for me.

How much?

That set is already $1,425...

well shit. I have 3/4 sets of T2 from them and 1 set of OEM arms still :LOL: guess I'll have to always be mismatched now

The set from Rockmen is 1400 and double adjustable with JJs on both sides.
Edit: the set actually has single adjustable lowers.

Well has anyone bought tier 1 and wanted to upgrade into tier 2 or 3? Is that even possible with core4x4? I emailed them earlier today just curious. When I bought my jeep I was basically chasing down a previous owners issues and without doing proper research bought tier 1 arms (poly joints both sides) and now knowing what I do I'd like to upgrade at least one end. On all the arms.

Well has anyone bought tier 1 and wanted to upgrade into tier 2 or 3? Is that even possible with core4x4? I emailed them earlier today just curious. When I bought my jeep I was basically chasing down a previous owners issues and without doing proper research bought tier 1 arms (poly joints both sides) and now knowing what I do I'd like to upgrade at least one end. On all the arms.

I emailed them and it is possible, they even gave me the part number that you would need... see the screenshot below....

1680119515739.png

1680119533295.png

They use the same size shank or thread as the tier 1 arms? Is so that is awesome. I will definitely be looking into that.

there is no more "tier 1, 2, 3 and 4.." now they offer Cruise Tier, Camp Tier, Crawl Tier.....

which is pretty much the same from before but they eliminated the Tier 2... and yes... the same thread is used for tier Cruise than for the others tiers... so you can go cheap... and when you toast your poly bushings and/or you have enough cash to upgrade you just purchase the forged JJ that I showed.... pretty good deal ! (that's what I'm gonna do.. I'll get my regearing first)

I'd still have to have a double adjustable. At least they are willing to offer them. Their price point is still pretty high considering I'm getting a steel arm when I could have an aluminum arm, which is much better in a chemical/salt environment.

there is no more "tier 1, 2, 3 and 4.." now they offer Cruise Tier, Camp Tier, Crawl Tier.....

which is pretty much the same from before but they eliminated the Tier 2... and yes... the same thread is used for tier Cruise than for the others tiers... so you can go cheap... and when you toast your poly bushings and/or you have enough cash to upgrade you just purchase the forged JJ that I showed.... pretty good deal ! (that's what I'm gonna do.. I'll get my regearing first)

You've been a really big help. I think I'll be upgrading the adjustable ends this week! Thanks dude! And good luck

Reactions: Don Bulee
You've been a really big help. I think I'll be upgrading the adjustable ends this week! Thanks dude! And good luck

glad I helped! I already made all the investigation but haven't pulled the trigger for purchasing the CAs... but even tho, I would suggest to reach them... just to be sure which P/N the JJ adjustable end will be... they answer really quick and their customer service is great.

I’d like to add to this thread.

I’m looking at the crawl series. When you add this to your cart on their website there’s a few options:
Colour
Hardware included or not ($80)
Double threaded ($100)

So for 100 bucks you can get them all adjustable while in place. I’m looking at the crawl series which is all Johnny joints at both ends so not too worried about the rubber vs poly issue.

I’d like to add to this thread.

I’m looking at the crawl series. When you add this to your cart on their website there’s a few options:
Colour
Hardware included or not ($80)
Double threaded ($100)

So for 100 bucks you can get them all adjustable while in place. I’m looking at the crawl series which is all Johnny joints at both ends so not too worried about the rubber vs poly issue.

double adjustable is worth every penny of that $100