Lets see your 15" to 17" wheels (5x5.5 bolt pattern)

Forged aluminum is even lighter and stronger.

It wasn't about which was stronger. I needed 16.5 rims to match my tires. Hutchinson rim are on my want list but I have other things to spend that kind of money on right now. Plus I just bought new tires so I need to wear them out before I decide to go to a 17" rim.

I ended up choosing 15x8 5x5.5 with 4.75" bs steelies from Bassett for now while I save up for nicer wheels next year.

http://www.bassettwheel.com/4x4_offroad.html
Screenshot_20201115-205313.png

Reactions: Wildman and Chris
You are correct, when I built @Chris rig those wheels were some of the last ones to be completely cast and finished in the USA

Yep, what a shame that is too!

I know Blaine will say you can still get very high quality parts made in China (and he's 100% accurate), but there's still something about a part being "made in the USA".

Reactions: ToddK

I know Blaine will say you can still get very high quality parts made in China (and he's 100% accurate), but there's still something about a part being "made in the USA".
Awesome!! I think AEV finally got their wheels to stop cracking after they moved their manufacturing from the USA to China. Not sure if TR ever had issues, they are prob made under the same roof.

Awesome!! I think AEV finally got their wheels to stop cracking after they moved their manufacturing from the USA to China. Not sure if TR ever had issues, they are prob made under the same roof.

My guess is there are only a small number of factories in China that have the tooling to build wheels, so most are made in the same facility. I am okay with things being made in China as long as they are made to a very high level of quality.

I really do like these TrailReady wheels, that's for sure.

I'm getting real fucking tired of that. All I ever try to point out is just because something is made in China does not automatically make it junk, lower quality, or inferior to US made products. If you want an example of just exactly how that works, look at all the control arms that are available for the TJ that are made in the US. By and large most on this board will dismiss most of them as being inferior to another brand and they are ALL made here. Yet, I don't see you running out and buying the lower quality versions just because they are made in the USA, do I? So yeah, there is something very fucking special about made in the USA but you won't run most of that shit, will you? Can I interest you in a very nice Rough Country suspension set up for your rig? All made here in the good ole USA.

Also, stop dragging me into that shit because I have worked my ass off to make all of the stuff I do here in the US. I also work my ass of by looking every single week to see if someone has finally started making any brake parts back here in the US so I don't have to buy globally sourced stuff.

Just because I understand how shit works, does not mean I support it. If I could use ONLY US made parts in the stuff I sell, that is exactly what I would do. I would encourage you to send me a list of US manufacturers for rotors, calipers, and master cylinders. I'll take it right now.

I'm getting real fucking tired of that. All I ever try to point out is just because something is made in China does not automatically make it junk, lower quality, or inferior to US made products. If you want an example of just exactly how that works, look at all the control arms that are available for the TJ that are made in the US. By and large most on this board will dismiss most of them as being inferior to another brand and they are ALL made here. Yet, I don't see you running out and buying the lower quality versions just because they are made in the USA, do I? So yeah, there is something very fucking special about made in the USA but you won't run most of that shit, will you? Can I interest you in a very nice Rough Country suspension set up for your rig? All made here in the good ole USA.

Also, stop dragging me into that shit because I have worked my ass off to make all of the stuff I do here in the US. I also work my ass of by looking every single week to see if someone has finally started making any brake parts back here in the US so I don't have to buy globally sourced stuff.

Just because I understand how shit works, does not mean I support it. If I could use ONLY US made parts in the stuff I sell, that is exactly what I would do. I would encourage you to send me a list of US manufacturers for rotors, calipers, and master cylinders. I'll take it right now.

I am going to assume you didn’t have your Wheaties this morning? 😉

Lighten up Francis 😜

200.gif

If you saw the shit that I build in my garage you would realize the “Made in America” by itself is no guarantee of quality.

However, coming from a long line of factory workers I know all to well the effects of sending manufacturing offshore and do buy American when possible and even willing pay up for it.

If you saw the shit that I build in my garage you would realize the “Made in America” by itself is no guarantee of quality.

However, coming from a long line of factory workers I know all to well the effects of sending manufacturing offshore and do buy American when possible and even willing pay up for it.
Absolutely. And I always relate this to my expensive guitar habit. I have tons of very high end ($5000 and up) guitars, and some of the American ones aren’t anywhere near as good as the Chinese ones. Hard to believe, but it’s true. That’s not to say all the American ones suck, but yes, just because it’s American doesn’t mean it’s quality.

I just don’t particularly like the idea of supporting China, but that’s something that is unavoidable in this day and age.

Either way, I should have just kept my mouth shut. I had no intention of derailing this thread.

Carry on 👍

Absolutely. And I always relate this to my expensive guitar habit. I have tons of very high end ($5000 and up) guitars, and some of the American ones aren’t anywhere near as good as the Chinese ones. Hard to believe, but it’s true. That’s not to say all the American ones suck, but yes, just because it’s American doesn’t mean it’s quality.

I just don’t particularly like the idea of supporting China, but that’s something that is unavoidable in this day and age.

Either way, I should have just kept my mouth shut. I had no intention of derailing this thread.

Carry on 👍
The global economy makes me very sad. One of the main reasons why I am astounded that so many did not understand the trade war with China and why it was desperately necessary.

Which springs did you have installed here?
That’s a good question and one I don’t have the answer to. They’re 2” springs (+1” body lift) but I was never able to figure out the brand. They were powder coated a greenish color. I don’t know how old they were when I bought the Jeep but they never sagged and even leveled the rake in the front.
ACC23FB4-F202-4F46-80C9-981C5D7F8BCC.jpeg
90CDBB83-8092-4C3D-8302-621774F4495E.jpeg

Reactions: zebra12