Lets see your best Jeep memes

I'm sure that's not an AMC 20 but that was the axle that was pretty well known for one axle sliding out while being driven. Maybe two sometimes, who knows?
Hmmm, first I've ever heard of that... Interesting. I know the D 35 is famous for it because they're held in by just a c-clip inside the side gears, the 8.8 can do it too but not as common. The 20 is held in just like the D 44 with pressed on bearings and a bearing retainer isn't it?

Now that you posted that, I'm not sure how those axles are held in place. Maybe what I remember was the whole wheel hub falling off because of the weak two piece shafts. I did a little searching and found that the 1 piece axle replacements may not be too good either. We all know how bad news travels on the interwebs today.

Now that you posted that, I'm not sure how those axles are held in place. Maybe what I remember was the whole wheel hub falling off because of the weak two piece shafts. I did a little searching and found that the 1 piece axle replacements may not be too good either. We all know how bad news travels on the interwebs today.
The biggest issue I have heard about with the AMC 20s is the housing has a tenancy to bend unless they're trussed. The later model Full size Grand Wagoneers came with 1 piece axle shaft 20s, I'm running the stock axles with ARB's front and rear on the '86 I'm using on my mail route in the winter. it's got a 7 foot plow on the front. I'm not sure but I think they beefed up the housings in the FSJ line up.

Hey, tuners pay good money for a low rider like that...
Take a bow.jpg

The equivalent of saggy pants
1576283957367.png