Let's see your eclipse photos!

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Those of you who took good eclipse photos, let's see them!

We live in Salem, Oregon which was pretty much ground zero. I just couldn't get one with my smart phone no matter how hard I tried.

What an awesome, awesome thing to witness though!

ecdc49fe7f7766f46968e8b3f4d0f119.jpg

Similar to the other photo I posted, but the leaves made for excellent pinholes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Didn't get any. Brought my good DSLR and tripod to work to get some shots, but management at the TV station I fly for decided that I should fly during the eclipse "to get aerials of people looking up at the sky".

I. Kid. You. Not.

Reactions: Chris
Didn't get any. Brought my good DSLR and tripod to work to get some shots, but management at the TV station I fly for decided that I should fly during the eclipse "to get aerials of people looking up at the sky".

I. Kid. You. Not.

Oh man... That's just tragic, haha.

I managed to get a couple good ones. We embraced the eclipse at work, including scheduling a fire drill just before max coverage (about 80% here in Michigan) and buying about 35 pair of glasses so everyone could take a peek.

I just used the camera in my phone (I don't have a telephoto lens for my DLSR) and had to go completely manual to get them to turn out. I set everything up to let as little light in as possible (Slow ISO, minuscule aperture, Fast shutter, etc) and take it through a set of glasses.

This one was taken with no zoom...but I cropped it and used photoshop to zoom in
Eclipse 2cropped.jpg

This one was max zoom (digital)
Eclipse 1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott B. and Chris
This was in middle Tennessee near the KY border. I grabbed this pic with my Note 5 (pro mode is your friend).

I set the iso to 100 and changed the exposure to daylight.
f1c65aca9f4d0e455883f5c1f0f56d67.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scott B. and Chris