Let's see your wheels!

LJRubiconGuy

TJ Enthusiast
Just curious to see photos of your wheels on your TJ. Thought it might make for an interesting thread.

Post your pictures! (I still have stock Moab wheels)

I've still got the stock Moab wheels as well! I actually like the look of them on my Rubicon.

IMG_4632.JPG

Ditto. On my recent tire dilemma, I could've made tire selection so much easier getting new rims.. but I didn't like any of the wheels more than those moabs. They look good without being too gaudy.

Reactions: JP13
ProComp 17x8 series 98, 4.25" Backspace... Work great with a 6" flare and BFG KM2s, 255/80R17s, or 33x10.00R17.
Unfortunately E LoadRange and a real harsh ride. Live and learn.

@Jeff Allan, check out @billiebob wheels in this thread. His are 17" and I think they look friggin' awesome on his. I'm actually looking at a set myself after I saw them on his Rubicon.

BTW billiebob, what size tires are you running again? 33" or 35"?

Reactions: Jeff Allan
Chris, that's what got me started on my latest quest. Most TJ guys say get 15" and then I see some 17's in black and I say damn that's bad ass. I like it and it opens up the doors for more tire choices for me.

I feel you. I was thinking 17" wheels would look bad but they actually look awesome. I may eventually get those wheels but I would need a 16" since my tires are still brand new and I don't want to have to get new tires.

Reactions: Moglocker
I bought the 17s because of tire selection too. I figured load range doesn't matter, my Rubicon came with E, LR tires new. Then I bought winter tires in a C load range. What a difference. Thats my only reason for liking 15" tires. The ride really is way better. And the C load range selection in 16" or 17" tires is limited.

Lots of comments on every topic are from guys who never try the alternatives and they say my "..." are fine. Yeah, but have you ever tried... C load range 15s or winter grips or ....

I run 31x10.5R15 BFGoodrench Mud Terrains on my TJ. They make the TJ look alot better then it did when it was stock. Also I have the factory "Ravine" rims but I got them sand-blasted and powder-coated black so they pop on the orange.

IMG_0124.JPG

Back when it was stock with the old tires/rims:
Jeep 2.JPG

I run 31x10.5R15 BFGoodrench Mud Terrains on my TJ. They make the TJ look alot better then it did when it was stock. Also I have the factory "Ravine" rims but I got them sand-blasted and powder-coated black so they pop on the orange.

View attachment 656

Back when it was stock with the old tires/rims:
View attachment 657

I've always been a fan of the Ravine wheels. I ran them on my old XJ and loved the look.

Those Ravines look way better black than gold... nice job..
Give us a bit more.. tire size, lift... and a proper picture of the whole Jeep.

I am a big fan of 5 lug wheels with 5 spokes. Just looks right, balanced,

Reactions: StG58