Let's see your wheels!

img003.jpg
33 12.50 15 the caps say m/t mickey thompson

Man, that's not all you put them on. I think you have the market cornered on moab rims around here.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.
Ha Ha ... 29 & counting! I'll take almost anything and I don't pay very much for them. They're pretty easy to restore. I splurged though for a set for my '89 XJ. I took them in for powder coating and they should be back on Tuesday. A new set of Load Range C Duratracs will be going on them. I have a set of Load Range E Goodyear MT/R's on it now and I like them. They're more ridged but aren't as bad as a lot of people say.

Ha Ha ... 29 & counting! I'll take almost anything and I don't pay very much for them. They're pretty easy to restore. I splurged though for a set for my '89 XJ. I took them in for powder coating and they should be back on Tuesday. A new set of Load Range C Duratracs will be going on them. I have a set of Load Range E Goodyear MT/R's on it now and I like them. They're more ridged but aren't as bad as a lot of people say.
It just wouldn't be your jeep without moabs and duratracs.

MB TKO Wheels 17" DuraTrac D Load 285/70r17 4.26 Backspacing -6 Offset 2.5" Lift
Love the ride, except my flairs rub a little off road. The ride is perfect otherwise and i don't want to change lift or flairs. Is installing extended bump stops a good solution?

JJ.jpg

MB TKO Wheels 17" DuraTrac D Load 285/70r17 4.26 Backspacing -6 Offset 2.5" Lift
Love the ride, except my flairs rub a little off road. The ride is perfect otherwise and i don't want to change lift or flairs. Is installing extended bump stops a good solution?
Yes, you may not need much, but you don’t want your tires rubbing the fender or flares. If they are rubbing the flares they might be rubbing the fenders and that could damage the tire or fender.

Reactions: MikeO
You may not air down, but an off-road tire guy told me that the problem with E-load tires on a Jeep, is when people air down, there is a layer in the 10-ply sidewalls that cracks and has to be repaired or a new tire. Not saying you have a bad tire, just saying that people should know this so they can research it.

You may not air down, but an off-road tire guy told me that the problem with E-load tires on a Jeep, is when people air down, there is a layer in the 10-ply sidewalls that cracks and has to be repaired or a new tire. Not saying you have a bad tire, just saying that people should know this so they can research it.
Hmm that's something I'll have to look into.