Let's see your wheels!

245/75-16, load range E.
Opops, mistype, 75. Thanks for adding this pertinent info about Load E. The questioner is wondering what the ride was like in that OE load E. Anyone?

I’m about to resolve the load range E tire riding harsh issue for me. I hate the ride I get with my load range E tires at 25 psi. I have OME nitro shocks now and will be installing Rancho 5000x shocks next Monday. If it still rides like a dump truck with the new shocks, then it will be time for new wheels and load range C tires. Stay tuned....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kathy and JMT
RT232.png RT232 2.jpg

Raceline RT232 17x8.5 3.75" backspacing.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Opops, mistype, 75. Thanks for adding this pertinent info about Load E. The questioner is wondering what the ride was like in that OE load E. Anyone?
I've had two TJ Rubicons that had the oem Wrangler MT/R tires, and they both were horrible. Most of that assessment, though, was due to the howl those tires made, which was unbearable. I don't know how anyone could have lived with those for more than a week. I do understand that they got noisier the more they wore down, though. I dumped those tires asap when they came on a purchased vehicle, so I really can't rate the ride they gave.

Reactions: TJR238
I didn't think the ride was too bad with the OEM MT/R's It certainly wasn't any worse than my current combo of 17" C range tires and Bilstein 5100's Its a very firm, controlled ride. There is some small event harshness (think expansion joints) but in Michigan our paved roads almost count as 'wheelin, so its all good!

While the steel beadlocks did wonders out in Moab, they are horrible on the road. Needed something roadworthy too so that my junk isn't just a trailer queen

View attachment 33619

View attachment 33620

And now of course, I had to go and scuff them up the first weekend I had them

View attachment 33621

Then I had to take them down to Morris Mountain Alabama and cake them in Bama Clay and smack them on some little rocks

View attachment 33622

NOW they look the part :afro:

How are they on the road at highway speeds?

Inch and a 1/4 adapters. And the tires are maybe a half inch inside six inch flares.

Thanks, and your 35s are 12.5" wide as well? I'm just hoping not to rub but don't want to invest money in this setup if its ultimately not going to work (4" Lifted LJ with JK Moab wheels with 35x12.50R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers)

Thanks, and your 35s are 12.5" wide as well? I'm just hoping not to rub but don't want to invest money in this setup if its ultimately not going to work (4" Lifted LJ with JK Moab wheels with 35x12.50R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers)
Yes mine are 35x12.5 r17 and they don't rub. I have a six inch suspension lift with RC control arms.

Hello, I am trying to figure out what tires and wheels to get for my jeep. I like the way your jeep looks, what size tire, and wheel do you have there? Also, what width is the wheel, and how high is your jeep lifted? Thank you!1

That is an old picture, with the 3” suspension that was on it when I bought it that isn’t tall enough for those 33” tires.

The correct and safe way is what I have now, which is a 4” lift, those 33” tires, and the Ion alloy 16x8 wheels.

American Radial Prospectors maybe?
Much thanks I was searching Prospect tire but only was finding the tire company in TX. lol! I never heard of this tire before. I did try under several other brands like Falken,Bridgestone, Firestone but still came up empty. BIG Thank you for the info.

Do you know any information on them like how well they wear and if they are as good as Cooper Tire, Goodyear, General Grabber or any other company?

Much thanks I was searching Prospect tire but only was finding the tire company in TX. lol! I never heard of this tire before. I did try under several other brands like Falken,Bridgestone, Firestone but still came up empty. BIG Thank you for the info.

Do you know any information on them like how well they wear and if they are as good as Cooper Tire, Goodyear, General Grabber or any other company?

Wish I knew anything about them but I took a look at the picture, zoomed in and then googled "Prospect Tire" and "Prospector Tire" and came up with one that seemed to match the tread pattern in the photo. Good luck in your search though and happy to help!

Wish I knew anything about them but I took a look at the picture, zoomed in and then googled "Prospect Tire" and "Prospector Tire" and came up with one that seemed to match the tread pattern in the photo. Good luck in your search though and happy to help!
I gotta learn to expand my vocabulary. Gorilla's are sorta limited. lol! Never gave it a thought of "Prospector" hahaha! Thanks again. :)

Reactions: techster82