• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Let's see your wheels!

DylanM345

They're kinda dirty but if you cant tell they are silver. Im not quite sure what wheels these are but I love them. The previous owner had them on along with the current 33/12.5/R15 random tires that I don't know :LOL:

20190718_172449.jpg

Reactions: Fouledplugs

LONGJP2

I would argue that it’s still very much alive. IMO, unfortunately.

Manufactures are offering all black/ “blacked out,” vehicles from the factory.
That's how you know. When the manufactures finally catch up and start offering murdered out minivans.

Baltimoreed

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Black rims are fine on a trail jeep, they get messed up grab the rattlecan but city jeeps need chrome wheels. If I ever get off my lazy butt I’ll clean up the shiny rims that I’ve got and get the black ones swapped out.

Fouledplugs

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
That's how you know. When the manufactures finally catch up and start offering murdered out minivans.
I would be inclined to agree, however, it seems they have no issues finding folks to pay money for them.

Edit:
I would like to add, to each their own. Nothing wrong with folks going with black rims, whatever they see fit and makes them happy is what’s important.

Reactions: lowranger

Baltimoreed

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ripley goes to be undercoated today, pick her up on Wednesday. Jeep Jam is coming up too so I’ve got to get some things finished up. The tonneau, windshield shelf, outside door handle replacement and a good cleaning.

Stevemack

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Did you get in before they moved production over to China?
Yes. I believe so. These particular wheels have been around a while. And I was under the impression the 15’s are cast overseas, and 17’s were made here. These are 17’s. So, like I said, I believe so. Which I’m with either way. It’s a badass rim and not seen that often on the east coast.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT