Let's talk about pneumatics / on-board air hose size

Yep, about four minutes for a four tire fill from 12 to 30psi. Very little difference.
Never in my experience. If the difference was more than 20-30 seconds, I would be very surprised. From full hose setup to full hose take down, my 35s are filled 8-25psi in about 7 minutes. That was true with and without a tank.

I wish I still had it. It never gave any trouble, pumped up to top quick.
Puma makes it and you can get it for about half the price, I think extreme air is a little extreme with their specs but it's still a good option if you have room.

If the difference was more than 20-30 seconds, I would be very surprised.

Very little difference.
Pretty sure you guys are on the same page (four minutes was total time).

Yes the ExtremeAir compressors are nice. I looked at their Sanden style compressor to replace my York but I'd already bought the new York from ORO.

Reactions: WSS
200PSI!! Jeez what kind of plumbing do you use?

That may be what you guys are talking about over using and overheating these little 12v compressors. I know they are capable, but that is a lot of heat generated at the last half of the fill.

Mine is set to go on at 90psi and off at 110psi
This kit for $370 when I bought it. Never once had a heating issue, always mounted on ABS tray in engine compartment. Swapped the compressor for an ARB dual to speed it up.

VIAIR 200 PSI Ultra Duty Onboard Air System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001L7UX0S/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Last edited:
I'd started this thread to ask about the size of air line that I should use. I took 3/8" Goodyear rubber line off from my previous system and am planning on using 3/8" hard plastic line when I build my new system. The AiRock system uses 1/4" hard plastic line for it.
I use to have the tank mounted between the control arm and frame but with the midarm I don't have that space anymore.
When I'd thought I was going to have to run a fuel cell I'd planned on putting a air tank where the fuel tank went but that's changed. So now I'll most likely end up mounting a tank in the back of the tub maybe under my storage box or mounted on the back of it.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
Derail.

1/4” ID for any tube or hose will work fine. The delivery to your airRock system will be near instant. Shorter runs will result in nano second improvement that may not even be perceived.

How much volume is a single airRock capable of? Do you use solenoids to operate or three way manual valves (like on airbags)? If you use a solenoid, a small accumulator at each bag would give real time instant adjustment.

Use 3/8" for uses that "consume" air like refilling tires or running air tools. 1/4" is fine for things like air-lockers that only need the locker to pressurize a small air bladder inside the actuator.

Derail.

1/4” ID for any tube or hose will work fine. The delivery to your airRock system will be near instant. Shorter runs will result in nano second improvement that may not even be perceived.

How much volume is a single airRock capable of? Do you use solenoids to operate or three way manual valves (like on airbags)? If you use a solenoid, a small accumulator at each bag would give real time instant adjustment.

IT's not a Derail since it's why I started the thread in the first place.

The AiRock system uses a distribution block (don't have a better name for it) that has the computer built into it which controls which air bag gets air and how much. I'm gunna guess that it uses solenoids inside of it.

IMG00468[1].jpg

IMG00470[1].jpg

The 3/8" line will be to the tank and then to a distribution block same as I had it setup before.

The fittings look like push locks. The od is 3/8, the id is probably 1/4”.

They must have two lines per bag? How does it handle the exhaust/dump?

The fittings look like push locks. The od is 3/8, the id is probably 1/4”.

They must have two lines per bag? How does it handle the exhaust/dump?

There is only 1 line per bag.

9310-dia-lrg-01.jpg

These are the specs per bag. Yes it's 1/4" line and the whole system is push locks which makes things easier most of the time.

It uses height sensors to know where each bag is at in relationship to each other.

20210928_151545.jpg

This is one of the challenges I've had to deal since these can't rotate more than I think 10* which was why I had to replace the 4 frame end JJ's with some from Clayton Off-Road. And I still haven't determined exatly how I'm going to mount these to the frame. The brackets I have for the Nth Degree are different from these.

20210928_151604.jpg

And this is the Nth Degree.

IMG00466[1].jpg

I don't remember exactly how it dumps pressure but Steve from ORO did explain it to me before.

It's just a standard 4 corner valve for cars with airbags, repackaged for off road use, you can see the ports here or at least get the general idea.

View attachment 288799

Pretty much the same thing. This unit is the computer for the AiRock system. Below 20 MPH it's manually adjustable and above that the computer takes over. It self levels at any speed which is nice when carrying gear or towing a trailer.

You have a control panel on the dash also. I can lock or unlock the SwayLoc swaybar.
The main feature I like is that you can set it to lower to the bumpstops when the ignition is turned off or by pushing a button on the control panel.

Reactions: pagrey