Let's talk about positive Jeep parts suppliers here!

I’ll gush a bit. This forum! Wranglertjforum
I imagine it feels more like a Townsquare or a favorite bar, but it is still a business that supplies a great product.
I joined it when I started looking for a TJ, and Paid the Supporting fee within days. It is so full of information, the membership is informative, helpful and it consistently works.
I was accessing the forum on a work computer and didn’t remember my password. The cheap $20 turns off a the advertising white noise and creates a better using experience. So pony up and become a Supporter.

And yeah-
BMB
Crutchfield
Barnes
Adams
Dirt Worx
Savvy (I work close to, so easy access)
Have all given good parts and service. Which I would have never heard of had it not been for this forum!

Cheers
Steve

Over the last few years I've seen a steady decline in customer service when buying TJ/LJ parts. Since we're already talking about bad experiences or customer service in other threads, let's flip this and talk about good experiences…

Excellent thread @Irun! Here are some outstanding businesses in my experience:

1. RockJock. Good products, in stock. No hassle returns/exchanges.
2. UCF. More good stuff in stock. One guy in particular spent a bunch of time with me on the phone measuring and comparing TJ and YJ winch plates to help me select the one that would ultimately work best for me.
3. NAPA. Parts stores get some grief but at least my local NAPA has some pretty knowledgeable counter guys and gals. If they don’t know they often point me to someone who does. They have all sorts of things in stock but if they don’t have it, they don’t hesitate to recommend a competitor. They also seem to have better than average quality store branded stuff.
4. BMB/WRG. Thoughtful product design. Brake install instructions set a very high bar. Best packaging/shipping ever. Stickers and lip balm😀
5. Adams Driveshaft. Quality parts. Good tech support. Reasonable prices. Fast shipping and T-shirts.
6. Genright. Great tanks. When I called with a bunch of questions they answered all accurately and even pulled one out of the box to weigh it.
7. Performance Coatings in Auburn, WA. Nice work and fast turn around on recent ceramic coating of my header.

I could go on. This is a great exercise in remembering the good stuff

Excellent thread @Irun! Here are some outstanding businesses in my experience:

1. RockJock. Good products, in stock. No hassle returns/exchanges.
2. UCF. More good stuff in stock. One guy in particular spent a bunch of time with me on the phone measuring and comparing TJ and YJ winch plates to help me select the one that would ultimately work best for me.
3. NAPA. Parts stores get some grief but at least my local NAPA has some pretty knowledgeable counter guys and gals. If they don’t know they often point me to someone who does. They have all sorts of things in stock but if they don’t have it, they don’t hesitate to recommend a competitor. They also seem to have better than average quality store branded stuff.
4. BMB/WRG. Thoughtful product design. Brake install instructions set a very high bar. Best packaging/shipping ever. Stickers and lip balm😀
5. Adams Driveshaft. Quality parts. Good tech support. Reasonable prices. Fast shipping and T-shirts.
6. Genright. Great tanks. When I called with a bunch of questions they answered all accurately and even pulled one out of the box to weigh it.
7. Performance Coatings in Auburn, WA. Nice work and fast turn around on recent ceramic coating of my header.

I could go on. This is a great exercise in remembering the good stuff

Thanks for the lead on Performance Coatings! Might take my aluminum armor there for a coating or two.

Reactions: Woodrow
I forgot about this one. It would replace Rock Auto for my number three. I've bought numerous Jeep stereos and speakers from them, with never a bad experience and always great customer service!

I was their biggest fan by 2006 but i’m not a fan of RockAuto anymore.

Their automated system makes returns annoying especially when a problem is on their end. For example, a few years back they sent me half shafts and one had an incorrect shaft diameter. The return was very difficult due to the box label being correct (even though the part was incorrect). I had problems with alternators and struts purchased from them as well. They are fine as long as the parts that arrive are in good working order.

More recently, I had a bad experience last month with their website when trying to cancel items in an order. The humans who I finally reached were adversarial and really turned me off. I’ll use RA for searching part numbers and then purchase on Amazon anytime I can.

1. BMB/WRG. Blaine goes out of his way to do everything the best. If it’s not right he’ll make it right. Products are amazing. He loves what he does and it shows.
2. Tom Wood’s/4xShaft. They make it right. They talk you through options and explain things. Quality is unmatched.
3. Montana Jacks. Warn support always available. They get you what you need. They are a wealth of information. Shipping is fast. I’d put @Blackjack in here too, but he’s not a business. He got me parts unavailable.

Honorable mentions are Northridge 4x4 and 4LowParts when te carried Savvy. I never had any issues with either of these companies, just good experiences.

Last edited:
1. Black Magic Brakes - mrblaine ranks well above any other Jeep parts suppliers. Well thought-out designs and high value parts. Generous with his knowledge/experience and honest (brutally at times :LOL: ). Willing to forgo a sale if it isn't what is needed by the potential customer.

2. pre-COVID Savvy - had the parts I wanted and Mike worked with me in returning parts of the suspension kit when the direction build of my build changed. 15 minutes drive time from my residence so I was able to arrange will call pick up saving hundreds on shipping cost.

3. PRP - offered customization of construction and materials for my seats. I was able to stack discounts saving a few hundred on a set of seats. Warehouse is within an hours drive so I was able to sit in the display seats confirming what I did and did not want and what I needed. Arranged will call and saved another hundred or so on shipping cost.

a few honorable mentions with limited interaction:

Genright

Tom Wood's

Northridge 4x4

BMB/WRG
Crutchfield
AM-Autoparts for everything easy to replace. A 10 year warranty on everything, free shipping and no returns needed if anything ever fails. No questions asked EVER.
p.s. I've had bad experiences with Rockauto.

Reactions: L J and Irun
Bartact. Don’t think anyone has not liked their covers, great people to talk to and anytime I need an accessory like a fire extinguisher holder, console lid cover, MOLLE bag etc… if they make it I’ll buy theirs over Amazon crap.

In no particular order my top 3 that I have been extremely impressed with both the product AND customer service AFTER THE SALE,

Tom Wood's Driveshafts
Black Magic Brakes
JB Conversions

All 3 have been very responsive to questions after the sale, didn't make me feel like an idiot for asking questions, and both JB and TW went beyond what a reasonable person would expect of a company in order to fix a problem. And both did it on their dime, not asking me to cover any costs, even shipping.

Wranglerfix.com, I’ve only dealt with Mark once and was quick to answer and help. Every time I read a post here about PCM issues he is quick to reply and help out.

I was just about to bring up Wranglerfix.com, by reputation only. Fortunately I haven't had any PCM issues with my '03, but if that were to happen, based solely on Mark's reputation on this forum, I see no need for Google or looking anywhere else for help than Wranglerfix.

I'm going to recommend West Coast Differential. When doing my Super 35 a few months ago, they were the best price and had great customer service, although I had no issues or need to return anything. I found it kind of funny, WCD quoted me, including shipping across the country, about $250 cheaper than East Coast Gear Supply which is within a 2 hr drive from me. :unsure: I also had no issues with Revolution Gear when buying axles from them.

BMB - 2 orders and zero issues with quick shipping.

Some of you aren't going to like this, but Quadratec has also been good for me, and standard shipping usually arrives in 3 days.