Let's talk about positive Jeep parts suppliers here!

Sorry for all the posts but I keep forgetting vendors I've used throughout my build.

Parts Mike is another one who has been great. When I've gotten the wrong parts due to my Frankenstein rig they been there.

Seatbeltplanet: I’ve had them in two TJs, the first one I rolled and I’m convinced that’s part of the reason I walked away so I bought them again. Also, for those of us with car seats in the back, they will add the locking retractor and I’ve got the proof they work. They are run by people who know their stuff and will take the time to answer questions and return calls/emails.

Bonus round for @Claytone backup LEDs. Great product and a nice guy to do business with.

I suspect the list varies significantly depending on where you are in the world. Many of the companies mentioned here do not deliver outside the continental US and if they do it is at a cost that is completely uneconomic. But bigger mainstream players like Quadratec and RockAuto have provided me with excellent service and they deliver to the UK at a reasonable cost.

As an example of great service I ordered shocks from Quadratec. When they arrived the outside box was ripped, as was the box of one of the shocks. I used Quadratec's online chat to register this issue, but I explained I was not fitting immediately and so did not know if there was any issue. About six months later I went to fit the shocks and found a bushing missing. I contacted Quadratec and no quibbles they sorted the problem, they didn't send a new bushing they sent a complete replacement shock. They covered the cost of delivery to the UK and did all the necessary paperwork to ensure it was recognised as a warranty issue and there was no import duty for me to pay. That is fantastic service and I am a loyal customer on the back of that experience.

For a non-US based buyer of TJ parts there is another factor where big players are very helpful. Sometimes they give access to parts that I could otherwise not buy. For example, Revolution do not ship to the UK, but Morris4x4 give me access to Revolution's parts.

I've generally had good service from nearly all of the jeep performance proprietors. Ones that have impressed me the most, and that I'll strive to work with again, include UCF, ECGS, Black Magic Brakes, Currie and Bartact. Never realy been hung out to dry by anyone, but I've had to go to the mat on a few occasions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irun
I think one person mentioned it earlier, but way what you want about MetalCloak, but they do have exceptional customer service. They have re-powdercoated a fender flare for me when in hind-sight, they shouldn't have had to. And when they saw that I ordered a second set of fenders, they threw in a high-lift jack mount for free that I had called to ask a couple of questions about. I didn't have a perfect experience with their spare tire carrier, but I also didn't talk to them about it, so that isn't on them.

I've used countless other companies, but I would add ORO & Currie as two other favs.

I've recently purchased soft shackles and recovery ropes from TRE based on old forum threads. At the time, I hadn't see the comments about changing ownership and purchased with confidence based on recommendations given here. Is the current product inferior to what came before, or is the issue with business practices and how the former proprietor was treated? Don't misunderstand me: the latter can be reason enough to stay away from a company, I'm just trying to assess whether I should be concerned about the gear in my recovery bag.

FWIW I did need to return a rope (ordered the wrong size, my mistake) and was happy with the customer service: quick, clear communication, full refund even though I was outside the return window, fast shipping of the replacement item.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
I've recently purchased soft shackles and recovery ropes from TRE based on old forum threads. At the time, I hadn't see the comments about changing ownership and purchased with confidence based on recommendations given here. Is the current product inferior to what came before, or is the issue with business practices and how the former proprietor was treated? Don't misunderstand me: the latter can be reason enough to stay away from a company, I'm just trying to assess whether I should be concerned about the gear in my recovery bag.

FWIW I did need to return a rope (ordered the wrong size, my mistake) and was happy with the customer service: quick, clear communication, full refund even though I was outside the return window, fast shipping of the replacement item.

The latter. The gear is solid.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Zorba, RINC and mwn
Since this thread popped up again, I’d add spiderweb shade. I originally bought the China knockoff for $35 but it started falling apart so I ordered a new one from them. FedEx then lost my delivery so I emailed spiderweb and they said we see the same issue, replacement is in the mail, no hassle, no we’ll place a hold on your CC.

It’s nice to do business with actual people.

It’s nice to do business with actual people.
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Spiderweb Shade! It's great to hear that they provided excellent customer service and helped resolve the issue with your lost delivery. Having great customer service can definitely make a big difference in the overall experience with a company.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Spiderweb Shade! It's great to hear that they provided excellent customer service and helped resolve the issue with your lost delivery. Having great customer service can definitely make a big difference in the overall experience with a company.

Bruh. You got to get off the chat GPT feature.🙄

Apologies, I apologize for any inconvenience. As an AI language model, I try my best to provide relevant and helpful responses.😂
Thank you for the feedback. As a language model AI, I continuously learn and improve to provide better responses in the future.

What is the purpose of this nonsense?

Thank you for the feedback. As a language model AI, I continuously learn and improve to provide better responses in the future.

What is the purpose of this nonsense?
I apologize for the confusion caused by my previous response. As an AI language model, my purpose is to generate relevant and helpful replies to forum posts. My previous response was an attempt to acknowledge and apologize for the mistake made earlier. Let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns.

The whole internet is about to be dominated by AI bots talking to other bots, with people watching and occasionally giving them a poke to get things going.

I apologize for the confusion caused by my previous response. As an AI language model, my purpose is to generate relevant and helpful replies to forum posts. My previous response was an attempt to acknowledge and apologize for the mistake made earlier. Let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns.

The whole internet is about to be dominated by AI bots talking to other bots, with people watching and occasionally giving them a poke to get things going.

Bruh.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: ColoJeep and RINC
Have not read through all the posts. However, TMR customs are great to deal with... Also, I have not purchased any bumpers yet, but Trailhead customs has been awesome over the phone discussing ideas. Both "local" Ontario companies that pump out HQ stuff.