Let's talk about positive Jeep parts suppliers here!

As a rear axle it has been great with 37s (35S ox locker)

i’m just running 33’s and plan to go no larger. also interested in the ox locker manual cable shift. not sure how cable routing would work for front and rear.

Reactions: Zorba
i’m just running 33’s and plan to go no larger. also interested in the ox locker manual cable shift. not sure how cable routing would work for front and rear.

Not sure I did air shift

Another for ECG. I had some gearing parts ordered to Michigan ( I'm from Ontario) so I could go pick them up without duty charges. They sent one wrong bolt for my ring gear and on their cost overnighted 10 new ones to Ontario and followed up making sure I got them.

Reactions: RINC

It won't take long to figure out. Go fetch up an 8 foot piece of #3 rebar. Stick one end to the left side of the front diff cover about in the middle and then bend it around the spring, steering bits, control arms back to the frame engine block and then figure out how to get it into some place where the center console lives. That will give you a good idea of what its like without having to spend much money.

It won't take long to figure out. Go fetch up an 8 foot piece of #3 rebar. Stick one end to the left side of the front diff cover about in the middle and then bend it around the spring, steering bits, control arms back to the frame engine block and then figure out how to get it into some place where the center console lives. That will give you a good idea of what its like without having to spend much money.

figured it would be more trouble it’s worth. most likely will go with a eaton e-locker. the cable shift ox sounded simple until i crawled under the jeep and got a good view of everything. doesn’t hurt to dream tho.

Reactions: Zorba
figured it would be more trouble it’s worth. most likely will go with a eaton e-locker. the cable shift ox sounded simple until i crawled under the jeep and got a good view of everything. doesn’t hurt to dream tho.

Mine came w/ 2 OXes (Oxen?), So I can't show you what he did. Really doesn't look too hard. It's zip tied to the lower control arm. They've worked great for me and the shift knobs are cool but if I was installing today I'd probably go electric.

i5RMO4qVPQRf1tFN_OwGEg=w1548-h1161-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Mine came w/ 2 OXes (Oxen?), So I can't show you what he did. Really doesn't look too hard. It's zip tied to the lower control arm. They've worked great for me and the shift knobs are cool but if I was installing today I'd probably go electric.

View attachment 424741

That cable routing wouldn't make one trail in our world.

Bonus round for @Claytone backup LEDs. Great product and a nice guy to do business with.

Holy shit yes good call they are amazing. Now that I'm out of the city I appreciate the fuck out of these reverse lights

Anyway I'd definitely put in a word for Tom Wood's. Echo them explaining and treating me like a non-idiot, regardless of reality. They understood a TJ tummy tuck well enough to discuss it with me related to their products.

JB Conversions - same thing with their SSSSSSYE, and very cool about explaining parts shortages and [accurately] estimating in stock ETA

I've had good experiences with Core 4x4 in Utah, fast shipping, good conversations, and they shipped me hardware that is not listed on their website whatsoever when I called them.

UCF ships those massive skid plates for a hard to believe cost/timeframe.

Over the last few years I've seen a steady decline in customer service when buying TJ/LJ parts. Since we're already talking about bad experiences or customer service in other threads, let's flip this and talk about good experiences. To be clear this isn't just about the parts, but about both the quality of the parts and customer service. That said, my top three are:

1. Black Magic Brakes - I've never had a bad experience here and am frequently shocked that a company is this good, helpful, and genuine
2. Tom Woods Driveshafts - Same as above. This is a company I deal with that sells a fantastic product and, even though I act like one sometimes, doesn't treat me like I'm an idiot when I ask questions or need help. They have surprised me on more that one occasion by going above and beyond for customer service
3. Rock Auto (Honestly, this one is a stretch and no place close to either #1 or #2. It's just that all my other experiences have been so bad)
3. Crutchfield - I had to be reminded of this one, which is why Rock Auto (As I said, a stretch) was removed. Crutchfield's customer service is top notch and their stereos come ready to install, including wiring harnesses and mounting brackets

Let's hear your top three best, and why!

Just seeing this thread for the first time. Would you be up for updating the original post with any other good recommendations that have come up in the 5+ pages of responses?

Reactions: PNW_LJ
1- Crutchfield
2- Mickey Thompson
3- Summit Racing

Have made numerous costly (and not so) purchase with all of them and their customer support has been top notch. Especially my top two.

Nice try. With the maturity level around here, no way 😆

Boo it would actually be dope! I did it in the Moab trip thread for June to aggregate trails.

What if you could apply it to wildmans or jjvws or rasband or jmts or jezzas or Blaine's or Jerry's or yours or ... thread to create a TOC to the vast amount of knowledge hidden within hundreds of forum pages