Let's talk about the crazy shit you've heard from your HOA

I'm fortunate enough to live in an HOA neighborhood, and thank god for that. Every single person I know (including my parents) have experiences the wrath of their HOA at some point or another, and I've heard about it all.

My sister recently moved down here to Salem. She told me today that her HOA sent her a letter saying that her husband can't park his work van in the driveway because it is a commercial truck with his company logo and information all over it. They said that only family vehicles are allowed in the driveways or on the street.

So first off, who on earth has the time to complain about something like that (another snowflake I'm guessing)? Secondly, what are the supposed to do then? It's his work truck. He is required to take it home with him since he is a union plumber and he's always on call. There's no possible way he could leave it at work.

My sister is worried they will try to fine them and crap. I told her to find the HOA president himself and tell him to fuck off and find something worthwhile to complain about. It's a small cargo van with a logo on it. It's the size of a Ford Econoline!

Just get a magnet the color of van and cover sign when in driveway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Just get a magnet the color of van and cover sign when in driveway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I told them to do, but the HOA says that won't work, because this is a "cargo van" and it's not a "family vehicle".

Only "family vehicles" can be parked in the driveways or on the streets! :rolleyes:

S C R E W HOA's I used to live in an HOA and it was nothing short of a communist state of mind. I never paid my dues because I found out the president was embezzling money and the association was to trying to keep it quiet. Thankfully I left that area years ago and my new HOA is the Hillbilly Open Area. Could not be happier. NOW!!!!!

Reactions: Chris