Lets talk sleeping

At 70 I decided to go with an RTT for the first time last year. It's a "low rise" so the middle of the night fall won't be so bad. I get a good nights sleep in this and changing clothes isn't that difficult ... yet. I'm currently building a tear drop trailer to replace this one and it should be ready by the time I'm 80. :giggle:

I've camped in the back of my XJ for years. I know it's been done in an LJ but I'm not up for that. I've seen all kinds of camp kitchens, sleep platforms, etc. but I prefer to keep mine as is. I enter via the passenger's door, move the seat all the way forward and use a simple sleep pad. It's been very comfortable.

22-10-01 19.JPG

20210811_195025.jpg

Reactions: ColoJeep
I was a long distance backpacker for years and as I age my knees leave me feeling uncomfortable being so far from a trailhead. But I can't shake the backpacking mindset so camping with the TJ is pretty much the same as when I backpack. Nothing is a better sleep than a hammock. Two trees properly spaced are preferred, but one tree and the Jeeps roll bar is just as good...

2021-10-22 Blydenburgh ON 03.jpg

Moved up to cots, got soooooooo tired if waking up to an half inflated air bed. A Teton cot and a self inflating pad from Cabelas, and ah a nice night

view.jpeg

We bought REI's Kingdom Cot 3 last year for a festival we attended. First time ever owning a cot and we both really like them. They're comfortable, wide and sturdy. The downside is their weight, I believe they're 20-25 lbs; not something I would want to take on a backpacking trip. We've also used them in our house when we had several family members over, and those who slept on them commented that they were very comfortable too.

View attachment 399469

I've read these are best for back sleepers, are you a back sleeper or can you speak to if they can accommodate other types? I've been considering them for a long time now.

I've read these are best for back sleepers, are you a back sleeper or can you speak to if they can accommodate other types? I've been considering them for a long time now.

I'm a stomach/side sleeper and still find these very comfortable

Reactions: rasband