Lift for 31s? Need some guidance

The turning issue would absolutely be fixed with new wheels. What wheels do you currently run? Non-rubi is 5.5” backspacing and Rubi is 5”. If non-Rubi then 3.75 would put your wheel about 1.75” inches farther out. So if keeping tires inside the fenders I would look for one with higher backspacing.
Currently its the oem wheels. 04 wrangler x so non rubi. What BS would you reccomend?

So with an OME 2 inch what all will need to be done? Reading through these forums can be overwhelming when you start to see things like adjusting lines and engine lifts etc.
It’s all overwhelming at the beginning. Start small. At your lift height almost nothing needs to be changed. Mostly just springs and if you want, shocks with the kit.

Currently its the oem wheels. 04 wrangler x so non rubi. What BS would you reccomend?
What’s the width of your tires? Stock width is around 10.5” and aftermarket is 12.5” so if you’re running 12.5” wide tires you would need about 2” less backspacing. 4” backspacing will clear just fine - but 3.75 will put the tire out .25 inches farther if that’s kit a big deal to you. Either will most likely work well.

So with an OME 2 inch what all will need to be done? Reading through these forums can be overwhelming when you start to see things like adjusting lines and engine lifts etc.
Nothing like that has to happen. Stay below 3”, life stays simple . Even some pucks in the spring might be all you want. Go slow , and stay on here . Good tire choice.

What’s the width of your tires? Stock width is around 10.5” and aftermarket is 12.5” so if you’re running 12.5” wide tires you would need about 2” less backspacing. 4” backspacing will clear just fine - but 3.75 will put the tire out .25 inches farther if that’s kit a big deal to you. Either will most likely work well.
[/QUOTE]
If I remember correctly ( embarrasing as it I'd to say I'll go double check tomorrow morning) I believe they are BFG KO2 31x10.5x15

Nothing like that has to happen. Stay below 3”, life stays simple . Even some pucks in the spring might be all you want. Go slow , and stay on here . Good tire choice.
Would you reccomend pucks or would it be better to go ahead and do a 1 or 1.25inch lift?

So if my main goal was a little higher ride height, and remove the rake the jeep has currently to level it out

If I remember correctly ( embarrasing as it I'd to say I'll go double check tomorrow morning) I believe they are BFG KO2 31x10.5x15
In that case 2” non-heavy duty lift springs from OME would be perfect for you. If they are 10.5 tires you’ll need .5 less backspacing - like what came on Rubi wheels. If I were in your shoes I would try a single washer in the steering stop and see if that does the job. If not look for TJ Rubi take offs (or buy my set when I take them off soon) 😂

I guess my next big question is what would be a pro vs con of going with a 1inch or 2 inch ? Is there one or the other you guys would reccomend?
Personal to only like running “enough” lift to fully clear tires with full articulation. 2” is going to give you a slightly better “look” and still stay under the limit of needing modifications - 1” is gonna look slightly better than stock and even out your rake. If you want to go the cheapest/easiest route you can measure the difference between the front and the rear and use a 1” puck (or whatever you measure) on the front to even it out.

Personal to only like running “enough” lift to fully clear tires with full articulation. 2” is going to give you a slightly better “look” and still stay under the limit of needing modifications - 1” is gonna look slightly better than stock and even out your rake. If you want to go the cheapest/easiest route you can measure the difference between the front and the rear and use a 1” puck (or whatever you measure) on the front to even it out.
Cool, thanks guys! Did not expect to have replies this fast ! Super excited to join this forum and will definitely be doing some shopping and will report back with what I end up with. Real mods won't start till I sell the zl1 then the real fun will begin!

Cool, thanks guys! Did not expect to have replies this fast ! Super excited to join this forum and will definitely be doing some shopping and will report back with what I end up with. Real mods won't start till I sell the zl1 then the real fun will begin!
A lot of us (myself included) spend all our free time checking this forum. Check out @Chris amazon page for deals that give back to the forum and help us all out!

Would you reccomend pucks or would it be better to go ahead and do a 1 or 1.25inch lift?
Post #28 is on the money. Pucks are a cheap way up, but a 2” lift on 31” is really nice , and will feel great blasting down a Florida Highway in summer. Man. I hate winter in Alabama.

Post #28 is on the money. Pucks are a cheap way up, but a 2” lift on 31” is really nice , and will feel great blasting down a Florida Highway in summer. Man. I hate winter in Alabama.
Just moved back here from Birmingham! Hated that cold crap! Thinking a 2inch will be the best thing to do even though pucks would save some money.

Reactions: AndyG
Just moved back here from Birmingham! Hated that cold crap! Thinking a 2inch will be the best thing to do even though pucks would save some money.
The one pro about pucks over springs is if you get pucks you can cut them down to the right size front from the rear whereas with springs what you get is what you get. I have some 3” poly pucks for the front you can have for the price of shipping if that’s what you want.

The one pro about pucks over springs is if you get pucks you can cut them down to the right size front from the rear whereas with springs what you get is what you get. I have some 3” poly pucks for the front you can have for the price of shipping if that’s what you want.
Think that may be a good starting point. Shoot me a dm and we can work that out if you dont mind. Thanks!

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
It’s an awesome forum...the only one I’m on. Mainly because I’ve been asked to leave everywhere else.

This is the real deal here man....this isn’t posers and eggheads....we own ‘em , build ‘em , break’ em , buy ‘em , sell ‘em, then do it again .......half the guys on here can take one apart in their sleep. We have guys that wheel the toughest terrain in North America. We are the guys you want to run into when things break or go south. JK owners list us as their emergency contact.

Think that may be a good starting point. Shoot me a dm and we can work that out if you dont mind. Thanks!
No problem. Keep in mind that a body lift and a spring lift are gonna be 2 different worlds. Body lift is much more intensive and not help with the rake at all, while spring lift is what I think you’re looking for. The poly spacers I have are for a spring lift (what you want) I only recommend using aluminum (what I run) for a body lift.

It’s an awesome forum...the only one I’m on. Mainly because I’ve been asked to leave everywhere else.

This is the real deal here man....this isn’t posers and eggheads....we own ‘em , build ‘em , break’ em , buy ‘em , sell ‘em, then do it again .......half the guys on here can take one apart in their sleep. We have guys that wheel the toughest terrain in North America. We are the guys you want to run into when things break or go south. JK owners list us as their emergency contact.
Just got chills 😎

Reactions: DuncLJ and AndyG