Lift for 31s? Need some guidance

No problem. Keep in mind that a body lift and a spring lift are gonna be 2 different worlds. Body lift is much more intensive and not help with the rake at all, while spring lift is what I think you’re looking for. The poly spacers I have are for a spring lift (what you want) I only recommend using aluminum (what I run) for a body lift.
So with these spacers you have what else would I need to get rid of the rake?

Hello everyone. First off if this is the wrong area to post I apologize. Anyways !

So back in May of last year I convinced my parents neighbors to sell me their 04 TJ. They are an old couple and had this thing sitting in their garage and had driven it every now and then for the last 4 years. Once I got it the tires that were on it were cheapos and just honestly were not safe. The slightest rain and wet roads and I'd be sliding all over the place with just a little bit of braking. So o went out and purchased a set of 31" KO2s and love them. My question is I'd like to lift it s little bit mainly for a better look. I do not do any serious off roading. If anything it'll be on the beach in sand and what not. I just really want to bring the front up and hopefully stop the scrubbing as well.

Can anyone reccomend a lift? I am personally not a fan of a big tall loft with undersized tires so would like to stay in the 1-1.5 inch ? Not sure how a 2 inch would look with 31s. I will be changing the wheels to something with more aggressive backapacing soon if that matters at all.

Pics would definitely help too! Thanks everyone!
I ran 10.50 X 31" tires on mine both before and after I did a 2"lift & they are great

My question is I'd like to lift it s little bit mainly for a better look.
I am personally not a fan of a big tall loft with undersized tires so would like to stay in the 1-1.5 inch ? Not sure how a 2 inch would look with 31s. I will be changing the wheels to something with more aggressive backapacing soon if that matters at all.

Pics would definitely help too! Thanks everyone!

This are 31.5's with x-amount of lift. Not a 2 incher for sure, but does it look like a tall loft?
Everyone's views are obviously very subjective. In my opinion, 31's and 32' are very proportional with Jeeps measurements, 2" or 4" lift will be a matter of preference without making things look like something is out of place.

Something smaller than 31's or bigger like 33's, is when disproportionality starts to stick out for me. That is when, for the sake of looks, some sort of rational tinkering will have to be done.

20200131_135311.jpg
20200131_135322.jpg

This are 31.5's with x-amount of lift. Not a 2 incher for sure, but does it look like a tall loft?
Everyone's views are obviously very subjective. In my opinion, 31's and 32' are very proportional with Jeeps measurements, 2" or 4" lift will be a matter of preference without making things look like something is out of place.

Something smaller than 31's or bigger like 33's, is when disproportionality starts to stick out for me. That is when, for the sake of looks, some sort of rational tinkering will have to be done.

View attachment 137686View attachment 137688
just for clarification you are saying this is lifted less than 2 inch? What do you mean by x

just for clarification you are saying this is lifted less than 2 inch? What do you mean by x

More than 2, for sure.
X means i am clueless how much lift it has.
I didn't take a typical approach of what and how much i "want" to do, there were things that i "needed" to do, and this lift is a result of it.

More than 2, for sure.
X means i am clueless how much lift it has.
I didn't take a typical approach of what and how much i "want" to do, there were things that i "needed" to do, and this lift is a result of it.
very interesting, im thinking 2 inch may be a good number for me to lok into, I really wish there was a pic someone had of a 2 inch lift on 31s...

do you have any pics with the 2 inch lift and 31s?

Stock suspension, 31/10.5 r15 tires, 3.75" backspacing on wheels. No rubbing...but I never took it offroad before installing the lift in the picture below.
20171202_095831.jpg

2.5" OME spring lift + .75" spacer in front to level out the rake. Same wheels and same size tires.
20190503_155857.jpg

Reactions: JMT and Fouledplugs
Here’s a pro tip for searching the forum. When you go to the search bar and type something in, click search then go to the “google search” side. It has better results and will pull up the links you’re looking for like @primetime4 showed.

very interesting, im thinking 2 inch may be a good number for me to lok into, I really wish there was a pic someone had of a 2 inch lift on 31s...

Have you looked here:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/31-tires-with-2-3-lifts.8525/
I have seen this topic multiple times on here. There is either dedicated threads on it, or it is mentioned mentioned here and there.
Do some surfing of this forum, tons of info. Forum search engine is good, but typically too, so it never works out for me. But, google provides plenty of links.

2" lift on 31's.
100_0796.JPG

P1040710.JPG

Even a lift as small as 2" can induce drive line vibes. These TJ's are very sensitive to change. Some guys don't get vibes, some do. I did when I lifted it 2" and had to lower the t-case skid 3/4" to get rid of the vibes.

My suggestion, 1.5" coil spring spacers up front, 0.75" spacers for the rear to level it out, then some wheels with 3.75"- 4" back spacing to eliminate the scrubbing. This way you are not lifting it up and into the vibe danger zone, you are increasing some up travel, and giving it a better stance. Follow that up with some Rancho RS5000X shocks for 0-2" of lift and rock on brah!

Reactions: JMT and DuncLJ
Capture.PNG

This is a screenshot from the Rough Country installation video of a 2 inch lift with 31 inch tires. It gets rid of the factory rake that the jeeps have while also getting some height. If this is too much lift for 31's then maybe a 1inch lift or even a leveling kit is better for your jeep.
Rough Country 2 Inch Lift <——- This is the link to that video so you can see what the install would be like if you care to watch.

This is one I built with 1" H&R springs and a 1" body lift. I was running stock Rubicon wheels and 245/75R16 tires. If you're worried about the rake, you can always add a 3/4" spacer up front.

HolIJHX.jpg
GJyppYN.jpg