Lift for 31s? Need some guidance

850TJ

Hello everyone. First off if this is the wrong area to post I apologize. Anyways !

So back in May of last year I convinced my parents neighbors to sell me their 04 TJ. They are an old couple and had this thing sitting in their garage and had driven it every now and then for the last 4 years. Once I got it the tires that were on it were cheapos and just honestly were not safe. The slightest rain and wet roads and I'd be sliding all over the place with just a little bit of braking. So o went out and purchased a set of 31" KO2s and love them. My question is I'd like to lift it s little bit mainly for a better look. I do not do any serious off roading. If anything it'll be on the beach in sand and what not. I just really want to bring the front up and hopefully stop the scrubbing as well.

Can anyone reccomend a lift? I am personally not a fan of a big tall loft with undersized tires so would like to stay in the 1-1.5 inch ? Not sure how a 2 inch would look with 31s. I will be changing the wheels to something with more aggressive backapacing soon if that matters at all.

Pics would definitely help too! Thanks everyone!

A 1.25” body lift from savvy will not only give you the clearance you’re looking for - it will also not change any components of you suspension and open up a lot of door for future upgrades regarding high clearance skid plates and gas tank skid. Myself as well as many others recommend the savvy BL over any others, and also should include that higher than 1.25” is not advised. Could you elaborate on the scrubbing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fouledplugs
Look at an old man emu (OME) 2” lift at the highest , but read the above posts carefully, and put on rancho 5000x shocks and enjoy the beach.

These guys know a ton on here...if what you hear elsewhere doesn’t jive with this Forum, it is likely off base . Seriously. The best TJ knowledge anywhere is here .

A 1.25” body lift from savvy will not only give you the clearance you’re looking for - it will also not change any components of you suspension and open up a lot of door fro future upgrades regarding high clearance skid plates and gas tank skid. Myself as well as many others recommend the savvy BL over any others, and also should include that higher than 1.25” is not advised. Could you elaborate on the scrubbing?
Will this get rid of the rake I currently have?

Nothing hits, bumps, or rubs on mine, i'm NOT off road either.
When you take the springs off and cycle the suspension unloaded do the bumpstops touch before tire interference? Not going off road has made it a non-issue for you then, as the terrain you’re going over most likely doesn’t fully compress either spring.

Your question and what you are planning to do with your Jeep sounds exactly like what I was asking couple of weeks ago.
Take a look at my thread here: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...e-of-other-questions.30415/page-3#post-499232

Some good info and you can also see what I chose at the end and how it looks.
I can say I'm extremely happy and satisfied with how everything came out and how it feels & drives.

A 1.25” body lift from savvy will not only give you the clearance you’re looking for - it will also not change any components of you suspension and open up a lot of door for future upgrades regarding high clearance skid plates and gas tank skid. Myself as well as many others recommend the savvy BL over any others, and also should include that higher than 1.25” is not advised. Could you elaborate on the scrubbing?
The scrubbing is more of an annoying thing than a problem I would say. Just scrubs when full lock to the left or right. I would assume when I get different wheels this would be solved. The 1.25 inch savvy seems to be a good approach for me. Sorry if I already asked this but would this option "level" out the jeep or would additional mods need to be done?

Your question and what you are planning to do with your Jeep sounds exactly like what I was asking couple of weeks ago.
Take a look at my thread here: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...e-of-other-questions.30415/page-3#post-499232

Some good info and you can also see what I chose at the end and how it looks.
I can say I'm extremely happy and satisfied with how everything came out and how it feels & drives.
I'll have to give this a read, funny how things appear after posting my own thread 😒 LOL

Look at an old man emu (OME) 2” lift at the highest , but read the above posts carefully, and put on rancho 5000x shocks and enjoy the beach.

These guys know a ton on here...if what you hear elsewhere doesn’t jive with this Forum, it is likely off base . Seriously. The best TJ knowledge anywhere is here .
So with an OME 2 inch what all will need to be done? Reading through these forums can be overwhelming when you start to see things like adjusting lines and engine lifts etc.

Thinking this will be fixed with new wheels ? Was looking at some with 3.75 BS...
The turning issue would absolutely be fixed with new wheels. What wheels do you currently run? Non-rubi is 5.5” backspacing and Rubi is 5”. If non-Rubi then 3.75 would put your wheel about 1.75” inches farther out. So if keeping tires inside the fenders I would look for one with higher backspacing.