Lift Kit Questions

BJammin

Hey everybody,

I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and I am trying to figure out which lift kit (2.5 or 4, etc.) I want to buy. I have BF Goodrich KO2's on the jeep now. I was thinking 3.5ish but I don't want to have to get a new driveshaft or any other mods like that. Just a good quality, not too expensive kit is what I am aiming at.

Any advice on Brand, Model, Size?

Thanks in advance!

4" would require a SYE kit be installed into the transfer case and new rear CV driveshaft. A 3" or shorter suspension lift can be managed well enough to avoid needing that kind of upgrade. Zone's 4.25" kit provides a 3" suspension lift plus a 1.25" body lift that works very well, it provides enough clearance for 33" tires. Pretty much everything you need is in that Zone kit. :)

Last edited:
I am not sure really.. 33 would probably be max. I'm not a crazy off-roader but would like the option.. I like the tires I have honestly, I think they are 31's

How much less do you want to spend? If you're sticking with 31's, a 1.75" budget boost could be a cheaper alternative.

I'm reading about sway bar links, cam bolt kits, steering stabilizers, and pinion cam locks... i'm learning.. but I'm really uncertain if I need all these things. They are all options on Zone's 4.25" Combo Kit

I'm reading about sway bar links, cam bolt kits, steering stabilizers, and pinion cam locks... i'm learning.. but I'm really uncertain if I need all these things. They are all options on Zone's 4.25" Combo Kit

The Zone comes with longer sway bar links. Pass on the cam bolts, pick up a Monroe stabilizer from Amazon for about 25 bucks. I would also consider the need for an adjustable front track bar. A JKS adjustable is 228 from Morris 4x4.

So now that your head is spinning take a breath and do a bunch of reading before doing anything :D Decide what you want your Jeep to do then decide how you want to get there. You can spend 600 or 6000 depending on your wants/needs/budget. And of course we will all be here to help you spend your money :D