Lift kit recommendations for 99% on-road driving

SPECHA

I’ve now grabbed a bargain and got my 33s well close enough - 285 70 r17 and now I’m going to look at a lift kit.

There are many price points and I understand that quality is generally linked to price.

That being said - driving almost 99% of the time on road - would anyone have any recommendations? I’m looking for a 2 inch kit and if needs be - 1 inch body lift. But this post is purely about the suspension lift.

Thank you for your input

For 33's you want a 3", not a 2" suspension lift plus a 1" body lift. Zone has a nice 4.25" kit with a 3" suspension lift plus a 1.25" body lift. It's a good kit for the $$.

Reactions: SPECHA
3" is the minimum you'll want for 33s. For that I would suggest Rancho RS5000X shocks, BDS or OME 2" springs, and a 1" body lift. That will get you where you want without breaking the bank, and will ride excellent on-road, providing you have the correct C rates tires and run around 26-28 psi.

He’s from Australia 🇦🇺. I think they have laws against lifting over 2” in some districts.

3" is the minimum you'll want for 33s. For that I would suggest Rancho RS5000X shocks, BDS or OME 2" springs, and a 1" body lift. That will get you where you want without breaking the bank, and will ride excellent on-road, providing you have the correct C rates tires and run around 26-28 psi.

Sorry for what I imagine is a dumb question but could you explain the ‘c rates tyres?’

Sorry for what I imagine is a dumb question but could you explain the ‘c rates tyres?’
Load C are light truck tires, typical 6-ply sidewall, runs softer than a Load D or E which are made for heavier vehicles.

I’m just on eBay and a few kits ask which model I’ve got and I don’t know the answer. My tj is a 1997 manual sport. Which one would mine be out of the two options on the pic?
A69F480C-0411-4779-A4E7-31B365A71903.jpg

I’m just on eBay and a few kits ask which model I’ve got and I don’t know the answer. My tj is a 1997 manual sport. Which one would mine be out of the two options on the pic? View attachment 139743
Never seen that before. Either one since there isn't much of a difference in TJs after the engine and transmission options.

My 2000 is a daily driver. I have a 40 mile round trip commute each day, mostly highway. It sees limited off-road that is primarily soft outer beach sand or dirt fire roads. No rock crawling or technical trails.

I have a 2.5" lift. RC springs, Rancho shocks, adjustable front track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket, Zone front and rear sway bar disconnects and transfer case drop kit. I have 33" Falken WildPeaks at 26 psi on ProComp 15x10 wheels. No body lift. I have ZERO issues anywhere. No rubbing, no bumps, no grinds, no vibrations of any kind. The ride is far better than I ever thought a 2000 Jeep Wrangler could be.

I thoroughly enjoy driving the TJ every day. A contributor to the fun-factor is a B&M Sport Short Shifter and a bunch of totally unnecessary switches to play with.

That said, I would like to replace the springs for a few reasons unrelated to ride quality.