Lift questions..

Reactions: oldschoolsdime92
I had the exact same lift on my Rubicon with stock front and rear track bars. At only 2" you'll be just fine, I assure you!
So no drilling or bs? I'm all about doing things the right way.. The first time. I hate half doing somthing and coming back to fix it.

Also, how much lift did you end up with? I'm going with the heavy kit, as my bumpers are already on order and I plan to add a winch also.

Last edited:
The "right way" would be to install a front and rear adjustable length replacement track bars for the front and rear axle. Those will will perfectly center the axles.

Or save $$$ by still installing the front adjustable length track bar for the front as recommended, but in the rear instead just install a relocation mounting bracket onto the rear axle which will recenter the rear axle with the factory rear track bar. That works fine, just look for one made for a 2" suspension lift. Like this one... http://www.rubitrux.com/old-man-emu...zEI1BpApxc3FF8nDA_pyasChZrJlLeabFFhoC6DDw_wcB

That won't work for the front axle, there's no track bar relocation that will work for the front axle.

Reactions: Chris
I have no issue spending the money for the track bars. My issue is that everything I've read says there isn't a front track bar that works well with a 2 inch lift. They are all too long. So I came her to see what you guys could fill me in on. If there is a 2 inch track bar that won't have any issues hitting the differential or anything and is the proper lengthI'm down for it. I just haven't found one yet.

I have no issue spending the money for the track bars. My issue is that everything I've read says there isn't a front track bar that works well with a 2 inch lift. They are all too long. So I came her to see what you guys could fill me in on. If there is a 2 inch track bar that won't have any issues hitting the differential or anything and is the proper lengthI'm down for it. I just haven't found one yet.

That's true, I speak from experience. At 2" of lift your best bet is the stock track bar since it won't give you clearance issues. Of all the track bars out there none of them are going to work that well with 2" of lift. Unless of course there's one that I don't know about, but this is why I think sticking with the stock track bars at 2" and under is the best bet.

That's true, I speak from experience. At 2" of lift your best bet is the stock track bar since it won't give you clearance issues. Of all the track bars out there none of them are going to work that well with 2" of lift. Unless of course there's one that I don't know about, but this is why I think sticking with the stock track bars at 2" and under is the best bet.
That's how it seems as well. I just wanted to verify that I'm not the only one who is seeing that

@Jerry Bransford ,hi i am new here and new to TJ {had lots of CJ wish i still had }I would like to pick your brain. SO many unclear searches ive made . OK situation is rc 3.25 lift , I drilled hole exact for front track bar, now the passenger side is sticking out about a inch and a half give or take.If i put the track bar back in the stock location will this fix it ? I will be getting a adjustable soon as i figure out what will be a direct fit .Can anything be damaged from running like this for a little while? Thanks a ton!

I missed this thread somehow so I figured I'd chime in since it has been bumped. I'm at 1.5" of lift and use metalcloak's front trackbar. They said it wouldn't fit but it does with about 3/4" of threads remaining. I'd bet it would fit stock too. It also doesn't appear to be anywhere near the pumkpin cover, which tends to be an issue if you don't set your bumpstops properly.

To Grimmjeep, you'll be fine until you get adjustables.

Reactions: Grimmjeep