Lift springs: Should I go OME or Pro Comp?

Jeepcj6

Supporting Member
So I've settled on Rancho 5000x shocks for Gertie (67.00 cdn each) But not sure on which springs to get.
OME run 231.00 per set and the Pro Comps are 180.00 per set Is the difference on the OME's worth 25 bucks each. From what I've read many many times on the site ( yes my head is spinning on such a simple decision) its the shock that counts for ride quality. Or just say screw it and spend 1300.00 on a complete OME 2 inch HD kit. Ouch. What say the hive?

I like OME's suspensions better than ProComp's but ProComp's springs are actually very good quality and I wouldn't hesitate to run them. So especially in light of the lower cost of ProComp's springs I'd go for them. With those RS5000x shocks you'll have a good ride with either spring... the spring has very little to do with ride quality. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
So I've settled on Rancho 5000x shocks for Gertie (67.00 cdn each) But not sure on which springs to get.
OME run 231.00 per set and the Pro Comps are 180.00 per set Is the difference on the OME's worth 25 bucks each. From what I've read many many times on the site ( yes my head is spinning on such a simple decision) its the shock that counts for ride quality. Or just say screw it and spend 1300.00 on a complete OME 2 inch HD kit. Ouch. What say the hive?
3” Savvy/Currie Coils and Rancho shocks would be a great combination. Personally I run the 3” coils and Fox 2.0 shocks.

Did you need an SYE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every TJ is different, my TJ did not require an SYE/DC driveshaft and had no vibes at 3.07. Post regear to 4.88s I experience a very faint vibration at 80+mph, probably due to my MT's I suck at rotating. SYE & DC are in my future for TT plans. I also did a 1" MML & 1.25" BL when I did my 3" suspension lift, I believe can attribute my no vibrations to the MML.

Every TJ is different, my TJ did not require an SYE/DC driveshaft and had no vibes at 3.07. Post regear to 4.88s I experience a very faint vibration at 80+mph, probably due to my MT's I suck at rotating. SYE & DC are in my future for TT plans. I also did a 1" MML & 1.25" BL when I did my 3" suspension lift, I believe can attribute my no vibrations to the MML.

That’s great. Thanks!

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
I need to read your build thread. I’ve started a few times but always get side tracked. Tonight will be the night!

Maybe some day I will figure out how to do a table of contents page so people don't have to suffer through 35+ pages of me being set back by a broken steering knuckle or something else stupid hahaha.

Reactions: ac_
I went with Currie springs and not real happy, turns out that was my sagging problem and had to add spacers and Currie customer service was not the best. I have added most of the Currie components and everything has been great except the springs.

I like OME's suspensions better than ProComp's but ProComp's springs are actually very good quality and I wouldn't hesitate to run them. So especially in light of the lower cost of ProComp's springs I'd go for them. With those RS5000x shocks you'll have a good ride with either spring... the spring has very little to do with ride quality. :)

Jerry would you suggest the 0-2" or 2-3" RS5000Xs with these ProComp 2" coils?

Sorry for asking a year after the OP. I actually joined the forum just to ask you this!

Thanks in advance,

John in NC

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I recently installed a ProComp 2" lift on my stock TJ.
I used 3/4" spring spacers in the front and it turned out sitting like this on 31s.
20190212_150419.jpg

The back seat has been removed so there may be a slight rake. With the rear seat installed it's nearly perfect level.

Reactions: MakJeeps
0-2" John, they run tall.

In the process of trying to find parts #s for the 0-2" shocks. Looks like Rancho offers 0", 2.5" and 3.5"?
I was pretty sure i'd seen these shocks offered specifically as 0", 0-1.5" and 0-2" (etc) . I was probably mistaken.
In my case would the 0" be the "0-2" we spoke of? Also if I were to decide to level w/ a .75" - 1" spacer would I be better off to bump up to the 2.5"?

http://www.gorancho.com/products/sh...sorber?find=2005-jeep-tj-4wd-2341171&limit=25
RS55128 0" Front
RS55240 0" Rear

RS55239 2.5" Front
RS55241 2.5" Rear

Your advice is again appreciated in advance.

- John in NC

*edited to clarify problem

Last edited: